Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

Make toolpath Plane Active

drafting3

Hi Guys,

I have a part with toolpaths on multiple faces (multiple setups). I am using different workplanes for each. Is there a way to select a toolpath and make its plane active for WCS, C and T?

Right now I am opening up the toolpath, looking to see which plane it uses, then going into plane manager and selecting that plane for WCS, C and T. Very cumbersome.

Any way to do it quicker?

I would make sure you have separate toolpath groups for the different operations. Not absolutely necessary but it helps keep it organized.

Select the toolpaths you want to change.

Right click in the Operations Manager and select Edit Selected Operations.

Select Planes check box and this will send you to the planes editor (similar to the one in the operation tree/button) and you can assign WCS, C and T planes for all the selected operations.

If you are creating an operation open the planes manager before you start and select the WCS, C, and T planes you want and it will automatically assign them to the operation you are creating.

Under the Operations Manager r-click set DISPLAY OPTIONS, check the box next to WCS(name) and TOOLPLANE(name).

Then it will show up next to your toolpath type in your operations tree.

ex;

Facing-[WCS:TOP] - [Tplane:Front]

Contour(2D)-[WCS:TOP] - [Tplane:Front]

• Like 1