Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

FINKEL ?

HEAVY METAL

why do I always get the hard jobs ....damn

:thumbdown: 

Because the machining Gods want you to learn something new..  :laughing: I got handed a couple of jobs that were cut out of  Invar 36 ... I learned a ton cutting them. Do you have a test report on the material? 

• Like 1

Hey I liked my old tracer hydrotel and the other one we had could take a 2" rougher and bury it and take a cut all day long in toolsteel. We dumped a gallon of bleach in our every week to kill the smeel but was impressed by the machines when I got started out in a Tool & Die shop back in Jville. IWe had an old VTL with a 144" swing also and that was about as much fun to run as walking through a castus farm blindfolded and naked.

Thanks for making me laugh at myself today. I sure needed it. :laughing: :laughing:

Already pocketed out 2 blocks. . we are having insert cutter wars with sales guys.. Seco 3 flute 75 ipm 1100 prm did great. had to change in serts tho 2 times.

Tungaloy first 4 flute to slow 50 ipm 800 rpm.. messed up 2nd seco cutter 4 insert oooopssss..... tungaly 6 flute doing good 90 ipm 1200 rpm all are .-032 doc.

waiting on Walter cutter for next block.... kinda funny to watch the sales guys see someone elses cutter do better than theirs...

• Like 1

Einhorn is Finkle, Finkle is Einhorn!

Einhorn is a man!

Seriously though, any recommendations on getting a good surface finish?  I've never cut this personally so I'm not sure what to expect when doing surface machining with a ball end mill.

thank you,

Most of us guys who use Finkle don't go that far with it for mold and die applications unless the die is really small.   Because of it's "grain" it will usually come out satin in a few areas anyway so about .01 step over/down with a 1/4 ball @ 60 IPM@8k RPM was good enough for me because I finished on the bench. 

That is with a Tilan coated Micro grain Korean cutter 2 flute with lots of chip clearance. Surface Finish Contour and Shallows

Hi guys,

I am flipping dies over to do the surfacing.   I have tried a couple surfacing tool paths / parralell  looks the best so far.

But I am open to any recommendations... I have to rough a lot of material off. the Tungaloy 6 flute won out.  .030 doc at 90 ipm 1200 rpm. 1.250 diameter cutter.  I have to rough using this diameter. I can send file to show you what I have, if you have better tool path etc... bring it on.   there is 45 degree cuts on the die also that are 3 inches on the flats long dang angle cut. they did these on the mori seike and faced milled them  it took along long  time ...anyway pm me and I will give you the details.  be aware the 1.250 diameter cutter is only going .030 doc.  this stuff is nasty...

thanks,

mike