Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

Where the heck is plane rotate in 2019?????

slyym

Ok this is weird. What I need to do is create a bunch of planes for different A axis positions and what I normally would do is go to planes rotate and type in my angle and it would create the new plane for me.  What is the process to do that in 2019?

Just be very careful with trim dynamic planes in solids. You will get a plane created in your file and if you move the model for any reason you will get a copy of the plane. You change the original WCS the part was constructed on and you can run into some very weird things. Best to trim with a entity and not use the trim to plane at all if what I am finding.

15 minutes ago, C^Millman said:

Just be very careful with trim dynamic planes in solids. You will get a plane created in your file and if you move the model for any reason you will get a copy of the plane. You change the original WCS the part was constructed on and you can run into some very weird things. Best to trim with a entity and not use the trim to plane at all if what I am finding.

I keep a junk setup plane in my part files that I am constantly editing, I use that to setup trimming.
I also blast the solid history before moving the solid.

On 7/20/2018 at 2:31 PM, gcode said:

I like to Duplicate, then Rotate Incremental from inside the Planes Manager

On the rare occasions I have to do something in X9 or earlier, I am totally lost now

LMAO, all of my fingers turn into big toes when I have to drop back to X8 or X9.

• Like 1

The 1.6 is the version of them , to keep track as I constantly add some new stuff and take away stuff I notice I am not using.   The increments are 0.01 ,  0.02 if it's something I deem

bigger , so yeah it's been in the pot since the beginning of time (v.2017 :) )

Gracjan