Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

Machining Cloud by Smart Manufacturing

It is free and works pretty well for some manufacturers, so so for others and not at all for a few.

It is dependent on the manufacturers  to build and maintain the tool libraries of models

So do an excellent job, others are terrible to completely non functional.

I have achieved good results with Mitsubishi tools

• Thanks 1
On ‎7‎/‎31‎/‎2018 at 10:21 AM, gcode said:

It is free and works pretty well for some manufacturers, so so for others and not at all for a few.

It is dependent on the manufacturers  to build and maintain the tool libraries of models

So do an excellent job, others are terrible to completely non functional.

I have achieved good results with Mitsubishi tools

I heard a while back that they were going to start charging for it. Did that not eventuate?

31 minutes ago, Mick said:

I heard a while back that they were going to start charging for it. Did that not eventuate?

The Sandvik add-in requires a license

At one point I was told to contact my dealer and they would give me one

The Sandvik Add-in ran so slowly I never bothered

Machining Cloud is still free, or at least it was when I used it a couple of weeks ago

7 hours ago, gcode said:

The Sandvik add-in requires a license

At one point I was told to contact my dealer and they would give me one

The Sandvik Add-in ran so slowly I never bothered

Machining Cloud is still free, or at least it was when I used it a couple of weeks ago

Yes, I knew the Sandvik add-in was $$, as is Coroplus standalone, but I was told last year that they were going to start charging for Machining Cloud in general. I cant recall where that came from. Maybe they realised that the usage would drop right now if they started charging :)

I need to look at Coroplus again, I used Adveon a lot, but I know the initial versions of Coroplus were chunky. Hopefully, they've improved things.

8 hours ago, sharles said:

Hey G-code, we are looking to start using machining cloud. My supervisor wanted to know which is better: the 3d models of the tools or the wireframe download?

Really depends on what you are doing and how accurate you need the tools. I have done both and I do what I need to get the job done.

8 hours ago, sharles said:

Hey G-code, we are looking to start using machining cloud. My supervisor wanted to know which is better: the 3d models of the tools or the wireframe download?

most of the wireframe dxf files I've downloaded do not comply with the proper standards for DXF tool definition.

All that is required is a level named CUT containing the cutting geometry

and a level named NOCUT containing the none cutting geometry.

Most dxf files I've downloaded are full on blueprints that fail if you try to define a tool with them.

The quality of the solids varies from vendor to vendor

Sometimes I get a really nice tool right first shot out of the gun

other times I download the solid and the dxf and use the data to draw a mcam tool definition.

This technology is much better than it used to be, but it's far from an exact science

I've had good luck with Mitsubishi data.. and Sandvik models are usually perfect

Of course Sandvik is not available from Machining Cloud cause they want you to use their CoroPlus app.

I just download Sanvik direct from their web page

• Thanks 1
  • Like 2