Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

Post Processing Classes for Mastercam 2019

Colin Gilchrist

Hello Everyone,

Eapprentice.net is getting ready to launch new online Post Processing Classes for Mastercam 2019. If you are interested in learning about Post Processors, we aim to be the best resource available for this subject.

In the past I've taught 3 different Post Processing courses:

• Basic Post Processing (Focus is on learning the MP Language. This course is a pre-requisite for additional Post Processing courses.)
  • Lathe Post Processing (Focus is on learning the Generic Fanuc 4X MT_Lathe Post)
  • 5-Axis Post Processing (Focus is on learning the Generic Fanuc 5X Mill Post)

Please let me know if you have an interest in learning about Mastercam Post Processors...

Thank and best regards,

Colin

• Like 2
1 hour ago, rhettmandel said:

How do I sign up? Please send me a quote so I can request it from my company. Thanks.

Thanks for your interest Rhett.

We won't have the signup page available on Eapprentice until after the conclusion of IMTS. So it will be sometime next week before the course signup page goes live. I will pass on your request for a quotation to our office manager. Please note that payment is required before the start of the course. I am still tweaking the format of the course and will get the hours and pricing information set by next week.

In order to reserve a spot, please use our "Course Interest Form" to provide us with your contact details. Please be sure to enter "Basic Post Processing" in the "Courses you want/need" field. We are typically cap the number of students per class to 12, to make sure that each student gets the individual attention they deserve.

https://eapprentice.net/course-interest-from/

Thanks,

Colin

• Like 1
  • 1 year later...

Hi Dave,

My circumstances have changed somewhat since I've joined Selway Machine Tool as a full-time Applications Engineer. My work with Eapprentice is on hiatus at the moment. This thread was from back in 2018, and a lot has changed in that time in my life. I was living in Connecticut at the time, and doing a lot of consulting and contract work, in addition to some stints at several high-end machine shops in the area (NC programming).

As a full-time employee at Selway, I am busy 110% of the time. So the only chance I'd be able to conduct another Mastercam Post Processor class would be if Selway was willing to host one at our facility (and potentially offer an online attendance option). I would need to be able to make a business case for it, which would mean I'd need to charge enough per person for our company to turn a profit if we put on the class. That said, the resources for teaching that I have access to at Selway are much greater than what I had when it was just "me in my home office". For example; I've got a full classroom with whiteboard, and an 84" Wi-Fi enabled TV that is integrated into our network. So we could potentially put on the course "in-person", for those that would be willing to travel to Auburn, WA.

I would want to do a full 5-day class for Basic Mill Post Processing. That would allow me to cover the MP Post Language (3 days), give some practical 3-Axis Mill samples (1 day), and cover Rotary 4th Axis (1 day). We would probably charge $300 per person, per day. So a 5 day course would be $1,500. We could potentially allow some students to sign up for the first 4 days, and skip the 5th, if they only had a 3-Axis machine.

Would anyone else be interested in a Mastercam Mill Post Processor Class? As I mentioned, I would be (potentially) be teaching this class over 4-5 days. So it would mean dedicating a full week to taking this course, along with being able to afford the class fee. I would imagine that most of the interested people would be trying to convince their employers to pay for the course. Previously, I've taught the Basic Post Class over 3 days, but I always felt that was a bit too rushed. We need that extra 8 hours to cover all the Post modification examples.

I would likely target either June or July, to make sure that travel restrictions have eased somewhat, and to allow the economic engine of our economy to come back to life. I know it will take time to get management approvals and get funds approved. 

Please respond to this thread if you would possibly be interested in an "Mastercam Mill Post Processor Class - taught by an instructor - in a classroom - over a week".