Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

O/T HAAS RS232 settings?

Eric S.

Hello all

I have only been using a floppy disk to load in programs into our VF2 and VF3 Mills. Now I have a job comming up that will requite DNC so we are trying to connect a cable to the machine but I can not get it to send or recieve a program? I think it may be the settings but I am not quite sure. Could someone please let me know what the settings or parameters should be to use the port? I can not find it in the manual. headscratch.gif

Your help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

Eric

we have haas vf4 our settings are

parity = even

stop bits = 2

baud rate = 9600

data bits = 7

baud rat must match machine or itr wont work

and I dont think a standard rs connector will work i think what you need is a rs connector with null modem i know we hade ro chance our pin config on connector and are using only 9 pins

Hi Eric, here I am using the following parameters:

11 Baud Rate: 115200

12 Parity Select: Even

13 Stop Bit: 2

14 Synchronization: XON/XOFF

37 RS-232 Data Bits: 2

24 Leader to Punch: None

25 Eob Pattern: CR LF

41 Add Spaces RS-232 Out: ON

This setting work very fine with us, and personally, I think 9600 Bps very slow, painfully slowly, because, even using 115000 Bps, a program with 1.7 Mb delay 40 minutes to complete transmission, imagine with 9600 Bps then!

I use the PCIN software (Run under MS-DOS) for transmissions, and have too DNC4U (Run under WINDOWS), very good too, but my license expires (I download the trial version), and now I am using only PCIN.

DNC4U is very good, have pre-settings for the most of machines, cable diagram, etc.

I put the PCIN files in FTP, inside of folder Tools, and put too DNC4U (Trial license) in the same folder.

DNC4U it´s excellent, but my boss is "tight-fisted" biggrin.gif

Look here for DNC4U link

HTH

Yeah I did the ehternet thing and no problem with any of that. I hear the Fadal's are coming out with something new at west-tec that is suppose to have a 4 gig hard drive and a ehternet standard no option on their new machines. We all know how much I love the Fadals but in the dog e dog market ever penny counts espically since HAAS wants so much for this option.

you guys think 9600 is slow... we run ours at 4800. of course we are using a laptop that is pushing 10 years old and rarely do our programs exceed 1/2 mb. the bottom line is set the machine and pc as high as they will go and still "talk" to each other. we have some older lathes that won't even work at 4800.

I remember having our Haas set at either 19200 or 34800 baud and it worked fine on filtered scallop finish toolpaths. However without point filtering, it starved for data and thus would stop and start. To give you an idea how low in baud some of them go, on my current Cincinnati Acramatic 850SX you can set the baud all the down to 110!

Phil

Well no not really you are limted by the length of your cord. The longer the cord the less the Baud rate needs to be or you run a chance of dropping Data. If using a 6' cord no problem anything longer start kicking it down. I think 100' cord is limited to 19200 but I have run 34800 and not had problems.

• 13 years later...
1 hour ago, shakir said:

HEY GUYS I WAnna install dnc setup on my vf one will u pls tell me all process . which one cable should i buy and how to connect it with my pc .. please guys help me

Call shop floor automation and purchase one of their products and they'll set you up/ tech support.

What Mastercam are you running. by that you can use the communications in Mastercam. Cable connections are important. What is the machine are you connecting RS232 or say Ethernet.
As of X8 the communications is all CIMCO now. You can download or trial Version if you like. or talk to inhouse that hosts this site.

Were are located?