Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

Mid start commands after each operation.

JB7280

I'm guessing this would be a post edit, but maybe there's an easier way...I would like my code, after each operation to include an M01, a spindle command, coolant, work offset call, work table rotation, etc.  Basically, everything needed for an operator to re-run the program from that point.  Rather than having to start the tool over again.  For instance, I have a program with 3 very long high-feed milling operations.  If the insert blows up during the third operation, the operator is having to start over at the beginning, unless I force a tool change, but I don't want everything to go home each time.  Would this be a post edit?  How tough would it be?

48 minutes ago, Corey Hampshire said:

Post out a separate program for each operation, and have a main program sub call it. Then when you need to start a specific op, the operator can start wherever he/she needs. 

That sounds incredibly clunky.  I've used other CAM softwares that posted this way, and I liked it.

23 hours ago, JB7280 said:

I'm guessing this would be a post edit, but maybe there's an easier way...I would like my code, after each operation to include an M01, a spindle command, coolant, work offset call, work table rotation, etc.  Basically, everything needed for an operator to re-run the program from that point.  Rather than having to start the tool over again.  For instance, I have a program with 3 very long high-feed milling operations.  If the insert blows up during the third operation, the operator is having to start over at the beginning, unless I force a tool change, but I don't want everything to go home each time.  Would this be a post edit?  How tough would it be?

This is a very simple post edit and one I would control with a mi or mr trigger. We have worked with Postability on some very unique items like this for one customer that for any normal shop would be 40 operation for them with all the extra checks and balances needed turns into as much as 800 operations. mi and mr triggers are extremely powerful and give you a lot of flexibility. 

• Thanks 1
On 11/23/2019 at 12:43 PM, 5th Axis CGI said:

This is a very simple post edit and one I would control with a mi or mr trigger. We have worked with Postability on some very unique items like this for one customer that for any normal shop would be 40 operation for them with all the extra checks and balances needed turns into as much as 800 operations. mi and mr triggers are extremely powerful and give you a lot of flexibility. 

Good to know.  Where can I find out more about mi/mr triggers?  Would that be in the MP Post doc somewhere?

We have had many topics over the years about mi/mr triggers. The biggest thing with them is tracking the use of the mi/mr with either sav_ or prv_ as the Mastercam Post in conjunction with MP.DLL uses it and then discards it. Problem is you need it over and over again so that is where sav_ somes in to save the variable to recall. Then the prv_ is for using it as a check process. Does the last time you used it match if you don't want something to repeat or if you do want something to repeat in the posted code. Once you see the process of Mastercam post you see who the logic works. If you want to know anything about buffers I am not your guy to ask. Colin and Peter have them down to a science.