Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

2017 Rotate Dynamic gone from Planes Manager?

crazy^millman

I have right clicked and searched every function in the planes manager and cannot find one of the most powerful parts of the planes manager. The Rotate Dynamic was one of my most used tools in the planes manager we have it for one version and now it is gone? I have a part that is in Space. I need to re machine some features to help a customer. Customer doesn't have Dynamic Work Offsets working on the machine yet. I want to go ahead and get all the work programmed and ready when they give me where the part will be sitting on the 5 Axis HMC Trunnion machine. I need to have 7 different planes for the different angles each feature is at. I have created my WCS using the Datum A-B-C. I create a point at that WCS Origin and made the WCS associative to that point. I then like I did in X9 created 7 copies of the WCS and they all number -1,-2,-3,-4 and such. Now I have them all defined using the same WCS point, Workoffset and good to go. I right click to use my extremely powerful and time saving Rotate Dynamic, but it is not there. Surely this must me something I am missing. Well I cannot find it. Now I have to go create each plane individually and name them and turn off automatic workoffset so they all can share the same work offset. Yes I have copied the name so I can paste into the Name box, but why remove such a very powerful part of the plane manager?

Am I the only person that every used this function?

• Like 1

o.O I have a confession. I didn't make the switch to 2017... I reviewed the new features pdf, ran the beta, and my co workers all made the switch but I am still running x9 for a number of reasons... I didn't realize they took it out of the right click section. I use that all the time too.

o.O I have a confession. I didn't make the switch to 2017... I reviewed the new features pdf, ran the beta, and my co workers all made the switch but I am still running x9 for a number of reasons... I didn't realize they took it out of the right click section. I use that all the time too.

It is gone.

Same topic:

http://www.emastercam.com/board/topic/88592-rotate-planes-m-cam-2017/

It just gets better, doesn't it..

I used that all the time as well. At the rate we're going, there'll be no functions at all in the software, but we'll have a snazzy new interface to make all the young 'uns happy... :laughing:

Well I was going to dig around tonight and see what I could find but now I can't even open 2017 on my computer. Just great, I have a job that I have to post from 2017 and I now can't. Can someone tell me again why this is the greatest release ever? :realmad:

Well I was going to dig around tonight and see what I could find but now I can't even open 2017 on my computer. Just great, I have a job that I have to post from 2017 and I now can't. Can someone tell me again why this is the greatest release ever? :realmad:

Try pulling mastercam.workspace out of  your  config  folder

It may have become corrupted

FOUND IT !

In the planes menu click the "+" on the top left. At the bottom of the menu window that pops up.... Dynamic Planes!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Machineguy

Isn't dynamic planes also on the little gnome now and there all the time???

click on the gnome in the bottom left hand corner.....

I believe what the guys are missing is the ability to dynamically rotate an existing plane.

Now when you dynamically rotate an existing plane, you create a new plane, the original plane

is unchanged.

The lost functionality is the ability to modify an existing plane via dynamic rotation

I believe what the guys are missing is the ability to dynamically rotate an existing plane.

Now when you dynamically rotate an existing plane, you create a new plane, the original plane

is unchanged.

The lost functionality is the ability to modify an existing plane via dynamic rotation

oh no !!! :thumbdown:  Perhaps we can get that back...I used that all the time when mods are made.

Was it removed to fix a bug with the planes or something?

Read page 72 of the "WHATS NEW"

IS THAT IT?

Looks like MC need to step in and say something. Im still getting used to this version.

I do like the lathe enhancements.

I think that's the Plane Selector that is available when you're doing the trim by plane function

Mystery has been solved I was wrong and glad I was one this one.  :ouch:  :ouch:  :vava:  :vava:  Right click on the plane and the edit button is now the Rotate Dynamic. I think they changed it because you could do so much more than Rotate Dynamically. Should have named it Edit Dynamic, but I guess that have been using Dynamic so much they didn't want to over use the word. :scooter::laughing:

post-5783-0-65118900-1470057253_thumb.png

• Like 2

I was feeling bad cause I didn't report this lost functionality during the beta cycle

I didn't cause I figured it was there.. and I was just too stupid to find it

and I was right :laughing:

I have to put on my stupid hat also since I didn't find it either. Ian from QC had to send me a screen shot showing me where it was. :vava::blushing: