Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

G68.2 & G43.4 compatability

So not a Guru

51 minutes ago, So not a Guru said:

Another question. On my head/head machine, if I'm using G68.2 with G53.1, is G54.4 WSEC needed at all?

We are going to have to by the functions to add to the control, so I want to minimize the costs. It seems to me that G54.4 isn't needed, but I am often wrong.

G54.4 allows you fine adjust features on a part without having to adjust the complete workoffset. Say you have a .0000005 True position on a 100 mile long part made out of plastic that has a .0000001 profile tolerance then you can use the G54.4 to cut it undersized probe it and then adjust that one feature in without having to adjust the complete work offset. 

Yes insane, but I keep waIting for the day some engineer asks me to quote the above. 🤣

• Haha 2

We spec G54.4 (Wor Setting Error Correction)  on all the 5-Axis manchines we sell, incluting the Head/Head type machines. It's the only way you can comp hypothetical axis error.

List price is around $700 for the option. It's a field install option, not requiring FANUC tecs to do. FANUC would give you a file to load. 

• Like 1
20 hours ago, cncappsjames said:

List price is around $700 for the option. It's a field install option, not requiring FANUC tecs to do. FANUC would give you a file to load. 

Good to know.

As for previously mentioned use of G68.2 and G43.4 at the same time.  I can think of many reasons why one might want to do that.  Think, library features that are programmed as subs and then use full 5x motion to complete in many places on the part...

I haven't been forced to do it yet, but I have had many cases where it would have made life easier and or would have made sense if the parts had been a long term production project. 

1 hour ago, huskermcdoogle said:

As for previously mentioned use of G68.2 and G43.4 at the same time

I don't know why, but that is the way the MTB set up our JOBS gantry mill

It has a right angle head, a 3X and a 5X head and all use G43.4

It works but their are limitations

• Like 1
2 hours ago, huskermcdoogle said:

Good to know.

As for previously mentioned use of G68.2 and G43.4 at the same time.  I can think of many reasons why one might want to do that.  Think, library features that are programmed as subs and then use full 5x motion to complete in many places on the part...

I haven't been forced to do it yet, but I have had many cases where it would have made life easier and or would have made sense if the parts had been a long term production project. 

Husker,

If you find the book I mentioned on this subject, one of the rules when using the two together is that no rotary moves are allowed while the two are invoked.

Paul

• Like 1