Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

o/t Private security contractors in Iraq

kathy

quote:

What do you guys think about all of this?

It makes me sick! Yesterday, I read that insurgents, from a previously unknown group, had kidnapped 3 Japanese civilians and threatened to burn them alive if Japan did not withdrawl it troops. They are missionaries and a journalist, IIRC. Japan has vowed not to leave.

I would state my opinion on this whole thing but it would probably be my last post to the forum. I probably wouldn't be welcome here any more. And I kinda like this place. wink.gif

Thad

I disagree with the horrific, defiant, display of dragging the corpses and hanging them from a bridge, but these things and much more will always occur in war. I am not brushing this off a justifiable by any means.

From another perspective as chronicled in the New York Times on Sunday April 11, 2004. – And this, I believe to be considerably more dangerous.

(((Abdul Razak al-Muaimy, a 32-year-old laborer, said: "I train my son to kill Americans. That is one reason I am grateful to Saddam Hussein. All Iraqis know how to use weapons."

Like so many other parents, Mr. Muaimy said American soldiers had humiliated him in front of his children.

"They searched my house," he said. "They kicked my Koran. They speak to me so poorly in front of my children. It's not that I encourage my son to hate Americans. It's not that I make him want to join the resistance. Americans do that for me."

Mr. Muaimy said his 10-year-old son did not take part in the violence against the contractors. But, because of all the miseries he knew Americans had brought, he would have.

"He said: `Dad, it was exactly like what they did to us. They burned our women, they burned our children, they burned our men.' My son said this time we killed and burned four of their dead but hopefully one day we will kill and burn them all.

"Just imagine, he is only 10, and he says that."

Mr. Muaimy shook his head, more than a little sad.

"My son is just like a piece of white paper, ready for anything to be written on it. He receives everything. It stays in his memory.")))

Operation XXX or whatever the army calls this is nothing more than a retaliatory punishment for abusing the corpses of these contractors; 62 U.S. soldiers, 600 Iraqi’s, and Lord knows how many injured on either front – and this could be just the beginning if the current talks between the Iraqi Governing Council members and Paul Bremmer fail to come to an agreement on how to deal with this.

It’s almost like the army has to kill them all in order to save the community, sort of ironic when you think about it. – Mine is only a modest opinion that might be considered as differing from others.

Regards, Jack

[ 04-12-2004, 09:56 AM: Message edited by: Jack Mitchell ]

quote:

Abdul Razak al-Muaimy, a 32-year-old laborer, said: "I train my son to kill Americans.

quote:

It's not that I encourage my son to hate Americans. It's not that I make him want to join the resistance. Americans do that for me."

C'mon Abdul, which is it? rolleyes.gif

Thad

Hello all,

quote:

Mine is only a modest opinion considered as differing from others.

Part of that Jolly Good Argument.............

Nice liberal rag for Canadian reading pleasure you took that quote from.

(A-ron says that I'll prolly be the "Captains Log" for the next Trek Series with this post tongue.gif )