Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

Renishaw Macros for Milling inspection/setup

Metallic

Hey ya'll I have a quick question.

I contacted both my reseller and our MTB which is Hurco regarding these things. I am trying to automate probing setup routines and to also use probing for in-process and on-machine feature inspection. Hurco currently is only allowing manual probing setup routines "out of the box" so,  Is renishaw productivity+ an expensive add-on for Mastercam? Not looking for pricing if that isn't allowed but I am curious in what price range I might be paying.

Hurco does have some macros that they will give you in exchange for your hard earned dollars of course! Still waiting to hear back from them.

Anyone ever do in process renishaw stuff? How has it been?

We use the inspection plus from pqi on our matsuuras. It offers a large amount of cycles you can use are easy to set the drill cycles for.

Out yasdas came with the probe system factory installed. The new one has the I gauge software which will check straightness and roundness.

2 hours ago, Leon82 said:

We use the inspection plus from pqi on our matsuuras. It offers a large amount of cycles you can use are easy to set the drill cycles for.

Out yasdas came with the probe system factory installed. The new one has the I gauge software which will check straightness and roundness.

PQI installed that on our H.Plus-500 but they haven't been able to get it working yet.  Something to do with the network settings, and how it uses one of the channels to communicate with the matrix tool magazine.  We need to get IT involved as it's beyond me.  So for now, I just get teased by the icon daily.

2 hours ago, JB7280 said:

PQI installed that on our H.Plus-500 but they haven't been able to get it working yet.  Something to do with the network settings, and how it uses one of the channels to communicate with the matrix tool magazine.  We need to get IT involved as it's beyond me.  So for now, I just get teased by the icon daily.

I don't think that button works yet. It's on our 2 newer machines. It doesn't do anything. 

I'm curious if you can write to the result list if it's a g10 line or m code

49 minutes ago, Leon82 said:

I don't think that button works yet. It's on our 2 newer machines. It doesn't do anything. 

I'm curious if you can write to the result list if it's a g10 line or m code

You're referring the the "Renishaw" button that takes you to a Renishaw interface?  PQI told me they were able to get it working.  We just need to take care of the IP address issues.

6 hours ago, JB7280 said:

You're referring the the "Renishaw" button that takes you to a Renishaw interface?  PQI told me they were able to get it working.  We just need to take care of the IP address issues.

On that note; make sure that you have connected your Embedded Ethernet port to the same "network" as the PC front end is connected to, then set the embedded ethernet port IP Address (I usually go with 192.168.1.101 on up)

image.png.51b3751c365ae8e3da612fecb9241058.png

then on the Renishaw Set and Inspect settings. I have set and inspect installed on my laptop so I can do testing.

image.png.138c79f9d4278b243a43710ba18385e5.png

I heard PQI was getting this squared away so I figured I'd teach my self how to install lit and set it up. So far, I have been completely successful 3 out of 5 installs. 1 install mostly successful. I say that because once Set and Inspect is launched, it is hard to switch back to the CNC screen. Then on the 5th... no matter what, I was unable to get it to run. That one will probably keep me awake at night. :rofl: 

• Like 1
57 minutes ago, cncappsjames said:

On that note; make sure that you have connected your Embedded Ethernet port to the same "network" as the PC front end is connected to, then set the embedded ethernet port IP Address (I usually go with 192.168.1.101 on up)

image.png.51b3751c365ae8e3da612fecb9241058.png

then on the Renishaw Set and Inspect settings. I have set and inspect installed on my laptop so I can do testing.

image.png.138c79f9d4278b243a43710ba18385e5.png

I heard PQI was getting this squared away so I figured I'd teach my self how to install lit and set it up. So far, I have been completely successful 3 out of 5 installs. 1 install mostly successful. I say that because once Set and Inspect is launched, it is hard to switch back to the CNC screen. Then on the 5th... no matter what, I was unable to get it to run. That one will probably keep me awake at night. :rofl: 

Awesome, I will check that out when I'm back at the shop.

Interesting, we run Hurco here so IDK about the macro situation with them, my assumption is that any thing is probably going to be a PITA except productivity+ because Hurco isnt your standard fanuc controller and since I dont know the macro params, I am waiting to hear from Hurco regarding that. They only give that to you if you pay apparently.

• 2 weeks later...

Hey Guys, I have a question. We just got producivity plus for inside Mastercam. I have been messing around with it today but I am getting an error I cannot figure out. I use Haas's probing cycles and end up with an X position of X-4.5651. When I go with the Productivity Plus probing I get X-4.5778. I checked the tool and it only has about .0003 of runout. I don't get how I am getting such a big difference between the 2.

• 2 months later...
On 4/24/2021 at 9:25 PM, JB7280 said:

Awesome, I will check that out when I'm back at the shop.

Our new mam they installed the probe today and the button is fully functional. It's basically the the phone app you can build your cycles send it to directly to MDI or save them and there's a program builder function.

12 hours ago, Leon82 said:

Our new mam they installed the probe today and the button is fully functional. It's basically the the phone app you can build your cycles send it to directly to MDI or save them and there's a program builder function.

I was able to get it working on our H.Plus 500 with help from Nathan at PQI.  I had to run an ethernet cable from an open spot on one of the Fanuc drives, to the USB hub in the electrical cabinet.  After that we were able to change some IP addresses and get it working.  Very nice.

• Like 1