Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

preferred operating system

Guest CNC Apps Guy 1

I'm running it (XP Pro) at home with an NVidia FX-5600 with no problems. I don't like all the stinking "eye-candy" thaat comes with XP. So I make it look like 2000 Pro. Works well.

JM2C

Guest CNC Apps Guy 1

quote:

...Fisher Price look

ROFL!!!!!!! Definitely. Man I hate that crap. Just give me the bare bones stuff, loose the eye candy.

Frickin' Mori Seiki.... gotta put that "MAPPS", or CRAPPS as I call it, basically a PC front end on a Fanuc Control.... mad.gifcurse.gifmad.gifcurse.gif on all their machines. You know what.... just gimme the friggin Fanuc Front end, it's simple, straight forward, and fast, unlike that CRAPPS CRAP.

KISS - Keep It Simple Stupid!

Man I hate that extra stinking garbage. mad.gifcurse.gif

Whew, I feel better now. biggrin.gif

Hi all,

I run 2000 Pro sp4 on a dell laptop

and XP Pro on Dell desktop set as classic

both run good with MC but the desktop outruns the laptop on every file I try.

Lotta eye candy on XP but really pretty stable OS imho. At home I run XP Home on a Dell Desktop and I like it fine.

Oh yeah alot of patches all the time sux.

IT was in and ran Windows Update again yesterday since they worry about virus problems and trojan horse crap. Ask your System admin to give you full admin rights if possible. We have it here at work so we can run defrag otherwise you have to get IT to come and do it for you.

JM2C