Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

Threadmill broken in 2023 also?!

SlaveCam

I use the override values all the time for spring pass. How come it wasn't found until now, 2023 been out for a while

Temporary workaround:
- Input both normal and finish speed and feed
- Regenerate
- Input normal speed and feed again (do not regenerate. if it requres regen, untick finish speed and feed and start over)
- The values are still shown incorrectly, but the posted code should have proper values
- Lock the toolpath

• Like 1
  • 1 month later...

And now the above doesn't work anymore. For some time, it worked, now it doesn't - changing standard feed always requires regen.

I can't express how frustrated I am with this, got to reprogram all thread milling ops, WTF are we paying maintenance for??

• Like 1
5 hours ago, SlaveCam said:

And now the above doesn't work anymore. For some time, it worked, now it doesn't - changing standard feed always requires regen.

I can't express how frustrated I am with this, got to reprogram all thread milling ops, WTF are we paying maintenance for??

To tell us they will fix what they broke in this version with the next version, while breaking something else, that they will fix in the version after that, ad infinitum.

We still haven't switched to 2023, and monitoring this forum is the primary reason for that. This forum rocks! Broken "new" MC versions, not so much.

• Like 3
  • Haha 1
6 hours ago, SlaveCam said:

WTF are we paying maintenance for??

Well you want all the latest and greatest bugs, don't you? 

58 minutes ago, So not a Guru said:

To tell us they will fix what they broke in this version with the next version, while breaking something else, that they will fix in the version after that, ad infinitum.

There is no money in satisfied customers.

It's like the medical industry. There is no money in healthy people.

It's like the military industrial complex. There is no money in peace. 

It's like the automotive industry. There is no money in reliable vehicles. 

I could go on but you get the point. :lol: 

1 hour ago, So not a Guru said:

We still haven't switched to 2023, and monitoring this forum is the primary reason for that. This forum rocks! Broken "new" MC versions, not so much.

Us either. Most places I've seen are at least a full release behind. We're at 2020 still.

• Like 3
1 hour ago, Jobnt said:

We're at 2020 still.

using 2024 here.

The ModuleWorks 5X  toolpaths get better every year and are worth the work it takes to upgrade

I do get sick of upgrading posts though .. We've got about 30 of them

I like how hyperMill does it... the Okuma 5X post I bought in 2013 still runs fine in 2023 

• Thanks 1
  • 1 month later...
  • 3 months later...