Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

Milling on Okuma LB3000 EXII using Mastercam code

Minus 40

Hi,

Just starting to use Mastercam on the lathe and I'm milling a female drive profile. I am set to wear in Mastercam. I need to open up the size of the drive profile, but when I put my offset in the control, it doesn't take any more material. Can anyone think of something that I'm overlooking?

Thanks.

Do you by chance have any lead-in/lead-out on your contour?

this .025 straight point to point line in the NC code defines the adjustability. if there is no G1 I won't have adjustable comp.

I have pretty limited G-code knowledge so I can't go in much more depth haha but that's usually the easy answer

LEADIN.png

Thanks for the suggestions guys. For axial milling, what do you set the P code to? I just want to verify that mine is right. I just heard back from our dealer, and they said that the reason I can't take off more material is because of this:

"The ability to use a negative number for tool comp is actually a software option that was not standard when your machine would have been purchased.  (it is generally standard today).   If want/need to use centerline compensation then your two options are:

1. Purchase the negative radius option

2. Set up your post to flip the G41/G42 so that you can enter a positive value into the nose-r comp table to remove more material."

---------------------

I find it interesting that you have to purchase the negative radius option. Does this sound right to any of you?

52 minutes ago, Minus 40 said:

Thanks for the suggestions guys. For axial milling, what do you set the P code to? I just want to verify that mine is right. I just heard back from our dealer, and they said that the reason I can't take off more material is because of this:

"The ability to use a negative number for tool comp is actually a software option that was not standard when your machine would have been purchased.  (it is generally standard today).   If want/need to use centerline compensation then your two options are:

1. Purchase the negative radius option

2. Set up your post to flip the G41/G42 so that you can enter a positive value into the nose-r comp table to remove more material."

---------------------

I find it interesting that you have to purchase the negative radius option. Does this sound right to any of you?

yep, we had to purchase this for our OKUMA LB 3000EXII. we would just add values in the "stock to leave on walls" in the meantime. 

• Like 1
4 hours ago, Aaron Eberhard said:

Whenever you feel bad about buying Fanuc options, remember there's a poor Okuma guy somewhere who didn't get negative tool comp....

Indeed. We have been caught out on that with our B400W and the U3000

And to add insult, you can't control the the chip conveyor with an M code. At all. We had our technician look at it, and nope...

The P200 and P300 controls are nice, but seriously there are a few options that should be standard....

• Like 1
2 hours ago, Mick said:

Indeed. We have been caught out on that with our B400W and the U3000

And to add insult, you can't control the the chip conveyor with an M code. At all. We had our technician look at it, and nope...

The P200 and P300 controls are nice, but seriously there are a few options that should be standard....

Seriously?!  Who integrates anything onto a CNC and doesn't give you an M code to drive it?

16 hours ago, Aaron Eberhard said:

Seriously?!  Who integrates anything onto a CNC and doesn't give you an M code to drive it?

Okuma...

Yes, I was quite surprised when the technician said it couldn't be done.

Dont get me wrong, I am a big fan of Okuma (especially the controls), but that really was a surprise.