Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

QUALITY VERIFY

mirek1017

1 hour ago, mirek1017 said:

also ,how I can get this bare set up default for high  quality ?

drag the slider all the way to the right

The File/Options...  check the "Always use the 5-axis engine" button

Click OK, the select Yes to save a new default file

• Thanks 2
  • Like 1
1 hour ago, crazy^millman said:

He was talking about in the Verify Window not in the Mastercam session.

image.thumb.png.0d25265415bc9e6f8190e2093ab155e6.png

Another thing Precision is control here not what you were showing. That will not be something that requires saving and where having that in the QAT for Verify is helpful.

image.thumb.png.1d7ff1265471591dfa7bdf5b549ba470.png

Yes ,that is what I looking for  ,thank you Ron 

if you need even better quality (at the expense of performance) you can make a more advanced setting change by doing the following.

1. go here C:\Users\(NAME)\Documents\My Mastercam (VERSION)\Mastercam

2. Duplicate the MastercamSimulatorDefaults.xml , then rename it to something like HighPrecisionMastercamSimulatorDefaults.xml

3. Right click the file and choose edit, then change the Force 5 axis option to True and also adjust the Precision Factor from 1 to 4 maximum.

4. then in verify, choose file --> defaults -- Open Defaults, choose your high precision file, and now your verify will be more precise and accurate looking, at the expense of some performance 

• Thanks 1
  • Like 3
31 minutes ago, JoshC said:

if you need even better quality (at the expense of performance) you can make a more advanced setting change by doing the following.

2. Duplicate the MastercamSimulatorDefaults.xml , then rename it to something like HighPrecisionMastercamSimulatorDefaults.xml

3. Right click the file and choose edit, then change the Force 5 axis option to True and also adjust the Precision Factor from 1 to 4 maximum.

4. then in verify, choose file --> defaults -- Open Defaults, choose your high precision file, and now your verify will be more precise and accurate looking, at the expense of some performance 

Thank you I will try this

18 hours ago, JoshC said:

FYI for folks with a less than stellar PC... I tried this out on a pretty simple part and MC2024 immediately chewed through 16gb of RAM, maxed out the CPU and disk write speed was pinned at 150 mb/s. Full lockup and restart needed after that. I'm on an i7-8700K, 16GB ram, a K620 GPU and a Samsung 850 SSD. So not a poor system, but somewhat lacking for current year. An A5000 and 64 gigs of RAM is on the xmas list. I'm noticing slowdowns the past few months on backplot and verify.

2 hours ago, SuperHoneyBadger said:

FYI for folks with a less than stellar PC... I tried this out on a pretty simple part and MC2024 immediately chewed through 16gb of RAM, maxed out the CPU and disk write speed was pinned at 150 mb/s. Full lockup and restart needed after that. I'm on an i7-8700K, 16GB ram, a K620 GPU and a Samsung 850 SSD. So not a poor system, but somewhat lacking for current year. An A5000 and 64 gigs of RAM is on the xmas list. I'm noticing slowdowns the past few months on backplot and verify.

you must have went to 4 im guessing, 4 is max that is ever suggested even in their knowledge base article about the topic, so perhaps setting the precision factor to something like 2 or 3 may have been better for that system your working on. This setting is definitely not something intended to be used all the time, typically very small parts or when fine detail is needed and not everyone will be able to utilize the setting all the way up to 4 as you have discovered 

5 minutes ago, amw said:

Can you guys explain the differences in 3/5 axis engine? We only do 3/4 axis work. Whould there be any help to use 5 axis setting? 

Even in 3 Axis work using the 5 Axis Engine is better. Ever need to do any undercuts or other things then you know it will be correct. It is not default because Marketing keeps trying to let customers think [sarcasm on]1gb onboard video card with 32mb of ram with a .2ghz processor is all that is needed to run Mastercam[sarcasm off]. The min requirements for computer specs listed are what I wouldn't even recommend to run Windows.

On 10/20/2023 at 1:49 PM, JoshC said:

you must have went to 4 im guessing, 4 is max that is ever suggested even in their knowledge base article about the topic

Forgot to specify, I tried on 2, 3 and 4, similar results. And back at 1 everything was hunky dory. I do have some small stuff here and there, and 2024 is noticeably more coarse than 22, what I am used to. But this is such a small percentage of my work that all the other benefits of 2024 outshine it by miles. Thanks for the info!