Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

SOLID MODELS VANISHING

Hello 

Has anyone been having this issue where you have a model visible, levels manager shows it's visible and that there is an entity quantity, then you do a certain function like open a toolpaths properties and it vanishes. Level manager says it's still there but it is not displayed in the graphics pane. I turn on another level and that stuff shown up but that level is gone from view. I verified that the "only display associative geometry" toggle is NOT on. It does it over and over and over. If I save, then when I reopen it it will still be missing. On this mcam file, if I turn on a different level with the same model and open the same toolpaths properties I don't have the issue. Level 2 is my issue. 

A co-worker yesterday said he was importing a vise model, like he's done a hundred time before, and his part vanished just like mine. He imported a different vise model and all was well. 

Any thoughts on this? I hope it's something I'm doing but everything that I am doing is standard practice. 

I thought the same thing so I checked for an updated driver and there was so I did that to no avail. So I went to two other computers in the shop and pulled up the file and they did the same thing. something must be corrupt. I tried deleting the operations that seem to cause this issue but deleting them causes it to vanish also. boooooo

also note that if I make the problem level/model not visible and turn on another level, I can open the toolpaths as usual and then turn the level on and it is there. but then it disappears again when I try to open the toolpath again. I'm finding it increasingly difficult to program something I can't see. 

• 3 weeks later...

The other thing to be aware of, is the Entity Attributes Manager. This can be used to "assign" certain geometry and/or geometry properties, to various levels. (Example: force all Solids to "Level 40").

You may already be aware > but you can go into the "Unblank" view, and "unblank" something which has been blanked.

I personally, avoid using Blank/Unblank, however I use Hide/Unhide extensively.

(Say you have a bunch of stuff visible on the screen. You can select "the stuff you want to see and work with", and then press "ALT + E" on the keyboard. It will temporarily "hide" all the other geometry. You can now work with just the stuff you had visible, (measure, or construct new geometry, whatever), and then press "ALT + E" when you are done and wish to bring everything back visible. This is great because you can temporarily hide stuff, then make it visible, without messing with your Level visibility.

• Like 1
On 4/27/2024 at 6:41 AM, nperry said:

I'm having this issue also. Solid will disappear for no reason, toggle the level that contains solid off/on and it will reappear.

You made sure this not checked?

VVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVV

VVVVVVVVVVVVVV

VVVVVVVVVVV

VVVVVVV

VVVV

V

On 4/3/2024 at 10:31 AM, RonC. said:

Might want to check to make sure (only display associative geometry) isn't turned on

1163640022_2024-04-03133030.thumb.png.64840df1eee21d9d942490db4e2ec988.png