Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

What did you do on your summer vacation?

Jack Mitchell

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Phil,

That's funny you should request this....I just bought a new digital camera, with a printer (the kodak one) So I plan to take that with me. however, my sister is very upset with me for getting a little too much sun this past weekend eek.gif , so if I'm not too red-faced I will post some pics smile.gif

I'm planning on having a great time! biggrin.gif

Jack,

Unfortunatly I have to wait till December to take my real vacation.

We will be flying to New Orleans and staying there for 3 days.

(I dare someone to try to "pick-pocket" me.) biggrin.gif

I don't believe that I wouldn't feel it!!

Then we will depart on a 7 day Western Caribbean cruise to the Mexican Islands. biggrin.gif

Cant wait!

BTW,if anyone here is a fly-by nighter,I invite you to join us. wink.gif

There is still plenty of rooms available on the ship.

Royal Caribbean of course. cool.gif

Jack,enjoy your well deserved vacation with the people you love most....

Your family. cheers.gif

Katie,

Are you sure you didn't throw the wrong switch in the office and create a large flash, thus getting flash burn? How are things up there?

Still waiting on my CD. Hope all is going well.

Vacation.... ya right have my two grandaughters down 1yr and 3yr went to the zoo , they are here for 2 weeks, not sure if I will live through this.

Don S

Phil,

She can be really sweet, but she's very blunt. While she was in college (5 1/2 years) she went through 5 roommates...no one has been able to live with her before, not even myself! smile.gif We didn't even get along until she moved out to go to school. But he's a tough guy, and my mom has already told her that if they get a divorce, she is keeping Ricky, and my sister can be his parents daughter!

Don,

Just to let you know, I'm not playing with the switches upstairs anymore smile.gif Now you will have to blame your computer problems on someone else. tongue.gif We are staying busy, I have Sam back out on the road, and Jimmy finishing some jobs up. I will put your cd in UPS today, I may have to get Jimmy to burn it for me. Enjoy your grandkids!

Brendan,

quote:

I dare someone to try to "pick-pocket" me

One thing I like to warn friends about when going to The Big Easy is a scam they do on the street. Some one will come up to you and say, "hey man, I bet you $20.00 I can tell you where you got them shoes". You will, of course, think to yourself how the f*** could he possibly know where I got my shoes and agree to the bet. He will then say, "you got them on your feet, right here in New Orleans." Thats when his buddies appear from no where, laugh and say, "he's right, you got them on your feet."

I made the best of a bad situation and was able to walk away with a smile on my face. I reached into my wallet and handed over a nice crisp $20.00 CANADIAN bill. At the time it was worth barely $10.00 US. The look on his face was worth the $20.00. Scam the scammer. biggrin.gif

Phil

• 2 weeks later...

Ahhh....Summer vacation ended a week ago frown.gif . I took a camping trip to the panhandle of Idaho and camped wit da bears.. smile.gif Beautiful country...I didnt realize that at one time, there was a naval base in Idaho..During the 40's...Amazing...Lived here all my life and never knew that!...I will be back next year...Maybe a trip to Canada would be in order too. biggrin.gif

My family and a few friends will spend a week playing in some rivers north of us. We will do some tubing, fishing, swimming, hiking, guitar playing, shooting, and going to a music festival. Should be a good week, especially if the weather cooperates.

Phil

Phil,

Made it back okay, it was a very nice wedding. The preacher talked way too long for me to stand in 3 inch heels! I forgot the wedding pic cd at home, but hopefully will have some time to post the pics up. My shoulders were the only thing peeling at the time, but a lot of lotion solved that problem smile.gif 2 days after the wedding my arms looked like a snake shedding skin. Sorry for the delay in the reply, just running by some old threads, and saw your reply. Oh and the food was awesome...she had a pasta station, meat station, and veggie station. I never saw the cake, but I did see everyone eating it! My mom planned to have 2 huge buckets of breyers ice cream that my sister didn't know about, which was needed since it was about 95 outside! I didn't get a piece of the cake,and my mom brought the rest of the ice cream home. I had to make the rounds and talk to all the family and friends. I believe Helen and Ricky just came back from their honeymoon on Monday! I'll post some pics up soon though! smile.gif Thanks for asking! smile.gif