Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

O/T Mozilla

Rekd™

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I use to save useful threads. But I'm having a problem with Firefox. When saving a page in IE it saves it with the name in title bar. In Firefox it always default to "ultimatebb.php.htm".

Is there any setting in Firefox?

I've not changed any default settings yet.

Been using Mozilla for about a week now. I have noticed that I haven't had one single pop-up since I switched over. biggrin.gif With IE, I couldn't hardly stand to get on the net anymore because of the pop-up's. You know how many vacations and Ipods I have won from pop-ups. curse.gif

quote:

In Firefox it always default to "ultimatebb.php.htm".

Is there any setting in Firefox?

Looks like Mozilla defaults to the name of the actual file. Maybe someone will write an extension to default to the page title.

quote:

Once I download and unzip Filezilla, where do I need it to be?

If you downloaded the ZIP file of the FileZilla program files, you can unzip it to any folder of your choosing (C:Program FilesFileZilla, C:FileZilla, C:purplemonkeydishwasher, etc...) and then run it from there. Also, you could download the installer instead, which will copy the files and create program groups in your Start menu for you.

• 1 month later...

I am also a confirmed Firefox user. I have encountered one drawback that has nothing to do with Mozilla though.

Some web sites seem to have popups that will launch IE whether you want it to launch or not. It's very annoying and potentially harmful since some of the popups are the virus carrying kind. The first time it happened to me, my Norton Antivirus program caught and quarantined the virus, but I didn't like the idea of infected scripts even getting that far. My first thought was to uninstall IE altogether, but I soon found out that Big Brother MS doesn't want us doing that by making it virtually impossible to uninstall it. I went the next shortest route and took the IE.exe file out of its home folder and dropped it into a temp folder somewhere else on the hard drive. It seems that since I did that, those popups have gone away b/c I believe the popup script can't find the IE.exe file. I didn't think of it until afterward, but maybe changing the default browser to Mozilla may have accomplished the same thing. Anyway, I am once again free from those annoying and potentially harmful popups until some virus-writing a$$**** figures out another way to torment us.

Crash.gif

I also agree 100% with everyone who replied that it's about time these security issues with MS are being made public and are being addressed.

yeah.gif

quote:

Some web sites seem to have popups that will launch IE whether you want it to launch or not.

This will only occur for two reasons:

1. IE is set as the system's default web browser.

2. You have spyware on your computer that is explicitly launching IE.

A script in a web page should not be able to launch any app on your computer that it wishes (unless it's launching registered handlers for HTTP, MAILTO, TELNET, etc). If it can, you have bigger problems to patch.

In my case it's probably reason #1.

As I said, The system asked for my default browser after I moved the IE.exe file so I then set Mozilla as the default browser. After that I had no more problems. I have a pretty decent spyware program (AdAware 6.0) which I update and run at least weekly, so I don't think it's that.

Thanks, Bullines. You have confirmed my suspicions. wink.gif

Jim teh thinks MS is eeeeevil.