Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

o/t The talk of delaying the election

wtsylvester

You know this really doesn't make any sense to me what so ever. Delaying the election because of terrorist concerns.

If this really is a concern why DELAY.. why not push the election UP. Delaying would give more time for the terrorist to organize. Moving them up would give them less time.

It's like ...Oh something MIGHT come up with these parts so we better be LATE on them instead of EARLY.

Also how about making election day a holiday and not just for the banks smile.gif or have it on Sat. or Sun.

along with the vast majority of voters

that could very well happen smile.gif

I don't get it tho.. why delay..isn't that sending the message that we really aren't any safer now

And to think they would delay.:)what push it back to thanksgiving then congress recesses to the end of the year

I think the election delay was just a trial balloon put out by people whose job it is to think about these things.

Personally I think it is a terrible idea and don't think it would ever happen.

But suppose...

Our enimies managed to detonante a half dozen

suitcase nukes in our major cities the day

before the election.

Should we or could we hold an election the next day........???

Gcode,

Yes I can agree with that. But it seems to me to be a step in the wrong direction. If there is any validity at this point that there is even a slight chance of something happening. Should we not be moving things up, to thwart such a plan.

Heck I say have it this Sept.11th.. which is a Sat. to boot... there would be a bigger turnout as most people would have the day off anyway.

It would send the message that we are not going to coward and be intimidated

Matt,

I have yet to hear about a "test" that was performed on airline security that had positive results. People were still able to get box cutters and the like aboard a plane.

Thad teh maybe my glass is half empty

Guest CNC Apps Guy 1

When my wife and I flew to Hawaii this year, the security people SEEMED vigilant. I'm guessing that issues vary with location. I would venture to say that the "type" of employee in certain locations would be signifigantly different in say for the sake of arguement LAX vs. Omaha, Nebraska. I'd feel safer in Omaha, but that's just me. At LAX though, you have a million people a weekend come through that place. Even the best employee's gonna miss something I don't care how good people or security is. Law of averages. Passengers need to be ready and able to kick arse and take names if necessary.

James teh Bell Curve is ALWAYS in effect no matter what...

quote:

Should we not be moving things up, to thwart such a plan.

In therory that is a good idea, but can you imagine the stink it would cause.

No mattter who won the election, it would because

of a devious left/right/communists/etc plot

to desinfranchise blacks/whites/spotted owls/

traveling gnomes etc.

No matter who wins this, we need a solid win

with no whining loosers, recounts and crying about stolen elections. If they moved it up we'de get that, no matter who won.

Well, the powers that be have decided not to delay the voting. (from news yesterday as I remember).

There would have to have been something major that happened to get people out to vote in any event. As we have seen, the voting turnout is pretty dismal. I voted late in the afternoon during the primary and noted that only 56 people had voted during the 8 hours before I did.

Maybe, if people were truly concerned enough to vote or participate in their communities we would have a 'representative' government - with a little bit better accounting from our government.

Craig Madsen

[email protected]

P.S.

(seems like my wife is always volunteering,

SHE volunteers, I end up working, but I have met and know most of my neighbors within about 1 mile radius).

There would have to have been something major that happened to get people out to vote in any event. As we have seen, the voting turnout is pretty dismal. I voted late in the afternoon during the primary and noted that only 56 people had voted during the 8 hours before I did./QUOTE]

+1 Craig,

It seems that only time people vote around here is the presidential or if there is a millage increase.

quote:

I have yet to hear about a "test" that was performed on airline security that had positive results. People were still able to get box cutters and the like aboard a plane.

9/11 put an end to aircraft hijackings. Period. Three of the four aircraft did what they set out to do becasue the passengers beleved that if they sat still and followed instructions they would be OK. No one will ever beleve that again.

quote:

9/11 put an end to aircraft hijackings. Period.

9/11 may have put an end to the terrorists crashing the plane into their intended target, but I don't think it put an end to hijakings. I have no doubt that any future hijackings will end up like it did in Pennsylvania, being shot down by our fighter pilots, or in Richard Reid's case, attacking the assailant and safely landing the plane.

Thad