Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

O/T Brickyard

G Caputo

I stopped there last November driving back from Chicago. Toured the museum and took a ride around the track. Loved seeing the place ... sure wish I could be there for a race ......

Only a few token bricks left, though ....... biggrin.gifbiggrin.gif

S/B a great party, have fun!!!!!

cheers.gifcheers.gif

Mark the attendance for the Indy 500 was so bad this year they were actually buying comericial time in Milwaukee to get people to go to the racemmm eek.gif It has very slowy declined over the years, and is now reaching a panic state.

I will be at the Brickyard, and I cant wait. I roll in Friday mornin and stay till Monday afternoon. I have never been to a Nascar race before and have heard many stories..........GIDDY UP

See you there Caputo!!!!!!!!

cheers.gif

quote:

I have never been to a Nascar race before and have heard many stories..........GIDDY UP

You don't know what you've been missing Paul.Much different than on TV. Been to Dover and Charlotte in the past. Been going to New Hampshire for the past few years now. Advice?? Yeah bring lots of $$$$ wink.gif

Paul,

Seeing that you do security up there, you have probably seen it all, there will just be more people doing it. Not sure if you are a drinker, but at Indy you are allowed to bring in your own drinks, just do not exceed the cooler dimensions, where as Joliet will not let you bring in anything but one unopened bottle of water ($6 a beer). The seating is crowded as hell, and half the time you don't know who is where in the race. But it sure is a party! We are camping directly across across the street, on the nw corner of turn 4, lot 1a. We are showing up a few hours before the gates open, expecting to camp right on or as close to possible as Georgetown road.

The brickyard's attendance is around 400,000 people from what I have heard, where as the Indy 500's attendance is around 350,000.

Any forum member that shows up, feel free to stop buy, I'll buy you a beer. cheers.gifcheers.gif

Greg

Greg, your right i have seen some pretty bizarre stuff because of my moonlighting gig, tonight for instance i have Cher in GB. CHER can you belive people still pay to see her?!?!

We have an extra ticket in our group that is split between us all, and that seat is for but room and a cooler:D So, these dudes I am going with are very preprarred, maybe I will run into you! That would be wild, i will either be wearing my Mastercam swag or RYR Racing swag that is peppered with the Ellison Logo... biggrin.gif

Pauly the love me the free stuff!!!

Paul,

Are you really a Mastercamer? When do you find time?? You always seem to be at the biggest party of the day!

I've been watching Nascar for a couple years. I met Matt Kenseth a year ago. I bought my first piece of redneck paraphanalia(sp) a few months ago (#17 hat). Now I watch pretty close. I assisted on a pit crew for a friend who is on the verg of a Busch ride a couple weeks ago...and now I'm hooked! I can't wait til my first race. Maybe next season.

I can imagine the party atmosphere. I get to a few games a year at Lambeau. I always tell my wife to set the VCR...I go to the game for the party, but I watch the game at home cuz I'm addicted to stats.

Have a great time guys. Hopefully I'll be in the stands next year.

ScottyB.

Hey Scott, I am jumping ant Stadium View tonight, ever done that? After the Cher show at the Resch I am walking over there with some of the managment from Cher and from the Resch and we all want to do that jump.

I do gram, btw, this job pays the bills for me to live, I just party like i am 20 when ever I can.... biggrin.gif

edit/ should prolly explain the jump...its a 200 ft free fall into a net. When I say free fall, it is. No bungee, no tether, nothing!! They take you up in a basket and open the damn floor on you!!! You fall 170 feet into a net......it looks so kewl!!!

cheers.gif

Hey, didn't Cher already have a farewell tour? Nevermind, Kiss has been doing theirs a few times over. Mind as well jump on the wagon.

Speaking of jumping... Sounds pretty damn crazy to me, Paul eek.gif . Me and heights don't really see eye to eye.

Anyone coming from the north down I-65 here is a little shortcut that just about dumps you at the track.

I-65 (South)

to

Lafayette Rd exit (South)

to

46th Street (West)

to

Moeller Road (South)

to

Go straight (South) into "Meijer" parking lot

to

Stay to East side of "Meijer" shopping center

to

38th street (East)

to

Georgetown Road (South)

to

Indianapolis Motor Speedway

This saves you from getting on 465 at all and is very useful especially on race day when there is traffic.

HTH,

Greg

Paul,

That is the only way I have ever gone, but I asked someone else here. He said it might save 5-10 minutes, but on race day it would save you at least an hour or so with the traffic.

I also looked at the map and showed my partner up here and he said the coke field is right by where we are in lot 1a.

I myself have never camped there, but since the wife has made me buy her 2 campers in the last 9 months, what better way to try out the latest one?

Greg

Well sence I live here in Indy, I just wanted to tell you all that are coming to the race, Welcome to Indy and if you like Pizza, the best in town, well just outside of town Is Randys Pizza, I have been around alot of places and Citys in my Life, they are still the best in the WORLD IMHO,they say ( you tried the rest now try the best) yummy; if you like, email me and we can take a trip there b4 you leave town, and BTW, the 500 race was crowded this year as well, I was across the Pits this year, seen the 2 cars mangeled coming into them too, glad no one was hurt.

Enjoy the trip and don't forget to spend your $$$$$ when your here and get a Colts jersey too (ScottyB could use one) biggrin.gif

Man what a bummer, the city made them take that free fall thing down!!!!! Nobody really knew why, and the Marshall wouldn't tell me anything, but it is no longer there. So that sucked

BTW, Cher is old, but super nice. Lots of aaaaaaaaa weird people at her shows... eek.gif

Thanks again for the tip Greg, I appreciate it.

Mct010, we roll in Friday afternoon, and are cooking dead cow on the grill. Sat we are smoking chickens all day. Thanks for the tip on the pizza I will definiatly keep that in mind.

cheers.gif

Hey Paul,

I didn't check the board in awhile.

If the city made them take the jump down it was only after a few THOUSAND people went on it. I haven't heard. CRAZY

I heard there were 250,000 at the race...I can't wait to get there.

Thanks, but no thanks for the jacket offer mct.