Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

Mutiple programmes

Jon D. Welch

This problem just started and I can't figure it out. When I post a program with mutiple toolpaths I'll end up with mutiple programs. Each program will have one or more toolpaths in it.

The editor will only have the first couple of toolpaths in it, I'll close the editor then it will open up again with the next toolpaths. It will continue to do this until all the toolpaths have been posted. I think this must be some kind of nci problem, It's not a post problem because I get the same results with diferent posts. I also get the same results if I use a different computer with the same file.

I hope somebody knows what is causing this problem because I'm getting tired of cutting and pasting these programs together.

One more thing, this problem does not happen all of the time but almost always with large complicated jobs with many tools.

Thanks

Jon Welch

cheers.gif Welcome to the board ,Jon ! cheers.gif

In operation manager select all your operations with right click do this :>

options->change nci destination

A quote from MC help :

You can change the name of the destination NCI file that corresponds to the current operation. Each operation can have a different destination NCI file. Mastercam automatically prompts you to select the NCI file name if you are creating the first operation in a new MC9 file. Otherwise, the system uses the same NCI file name as the last operation.

1. In the Tool parameters dialog box, choose the Change NCI button.

2. Select a different NCI file or type a new NCI file name.

3. Choose OK.

Note: If other operations share the same NCI path, a message displays asking if you would like to update all operations with the same NCI path.

Been there done that. I use this to post out 5 porgrams at one time for jobs that may have 5 operation but I can keep everything in one file. I use levels for different operations and then I use Operations as my groups calling them the same name as the NCI. This is a great way to ge tthe name you want when posing out code as well.

Good luck and welcome to the forum.