Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

Stock keeps moving

Go Navy

Good Afternoon

I'm sure this is an easy one but here goes after fine tuning tool pathes in the operations manager I go to verify and my stock has moved so I go into job set up and select the corners of my stock again and verify. But, if I go back into the operations manager and change anything my stock moves again. Does anyone have any idea what I'm doing to cause this. Thanks in advance for your help. Have a great day

I have had this happen also.Im assuming your talking about the Verifyer.

Before you verify go into jobsetup via the Toolpath Manager, by right mouse click on the White blank erea and select jobsetup.Select the Origin first then your corners to define stock.

Then use the Verifyer.

Use True solids also.

HTH

cheers.gifcheers.gif

quote:

I have job setup selected in verify configuration? should I change it?

No, not if you like it that way. Changing that option "midstream" will make your stock "move around."

Did the other guys solve your problem? It sounds like a WCS issue to me. I always get messed up when verifying with another WCS. I never verify unless I'm cutting 3D. In that case, we always compare to an STL, which AFAIK, still doesn't support verifying when using a WCS other than top AND comparing to STL...so we end up rotating the part.

Thad

Yes, it is a WCS related event. I have experienced the same thing. My solution has been to always leave the WCS in the initial orientation, op#1 for example, and run all of the following MC9 files from that orientation. You can then run op#1 say and save an STL, then run op#2, load the saved STL from op#1 and proceed as necessary.You will be chasing your tail if you continue redefining stock every time. I have done many circles.. bonk.gif HTH