Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

Mastercam X screen shots...

?Mark

• Replies 172
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

quote:

Please Dont Post Pictures!!

Mastercam has been previewed at IMTS. It is NOT released. Users can now contact their dealers and possibly arrange a time to see it (although it's not finished yet).

Yes the competition can see it at IMTS. But you can bet we dont make it easy for them.

There was a 4 page MasterCam X Brochure available at the booth complete with screen shots. This isn't secret stuff anymore. Seems a bit hypocritical to me to be making a fuss about this. confused.gif

Guest CNC Apps Guy 1

quote:

...Damn, I missed it too. I really don't know what the big deal is. They show trailers of movies long before they are released. It enhances the anticipation factor...

Could be that they don't want people to get the impression that what they saw is set in stone.

Just thinking out loud.

Guest CNC Apps Guy 1

quote:

...There was a 4 page MasterCam X Brochure available at the booth complete with screen shots. This isn't secret stuff anymore. Seems a bit hypocritical to me to be making a fuss about this...

eek.gif DOH!!!!!

Really liked what I saw.

The new interface looks pretty good.

You can customize it any way you like it.

What seems a little weird is that it shows last used function in construction. For ex. if you construct a circle using polar function it will show it on a create circle with this option visible. If you construct a circle using endpoints function, it will show it on top ... so a visible toolbar thumnails constantly change...

I thought the MRU (most recently used) toolbar was for this.

No visible changes to toolpaths (still looking for facing using plungers in addition to cutters without creating a surface banghead.gif )

Like the interface a lot, like machine definitions

and totally unexpected control definition smile.gifsmile.gifsmile.gif

Looks very modern and will be a pleasure to work with.

Bad news is I don't think it'll be released for months banghead.gifbanghead.gifbanghead.gif

Still looking forward to it.

cheers.gif

Regards, Mark

Thanks Mark for teasing us!!!!!!!!!!

And Phil, chances are the crack masters are allready planning their attack on the code. I think someone on the deep inside is leaking info because the cracks get released with the legal releases. Kinda like the virus protection people making the viruses theory.

quote:

It is a little bit laughable to worry about a screenshot being posted here for a product that thousands of people are able to see at IMTS....

I have to agree...

If anyone deserves to see it,it would be us,the people who legity use it on a daily basis.

Not sure why Dave would want the link removed, confused.gif but you really have to respect the dudes wishes.

And I know that everyone is.

Ooh well......

Anyone that has a bootleg of X has Beta 1, and thats punishment enough. Beta 1 looks NOTHING like the current beta. If they can figure out how to use that, they're a Genius.

To relieve the speculation: It was me who requested the pictures be removed.I spent all last week anoying the competition while they were wandering around the booth trying to sneak a peek at the new interface. Of course they saw it, but we dont want to make it any easier than we have to. If they want to see it, that have to fly to Chicago. They have one day left at the show. Users will see it soon enough. As I said before, It looks like every other windows application. You wont see the really COOL stuff until you get in front of it anyway.

I'm just doing what I know CNC would want, since their all very busy at the show right now and are probably not spending any time on the Forum.

Mike Mattera

(Guitar Player)

Im having a little trouble understanding your thoughts Mike

quote:

I spent all last week anoying the competition while they were wandering around the booth trying to sneak a peek at the new interface

How did you know they where competitors? maybe they where maintanance users like myself just wanting to see what they already paid for. do you buy a new car when the salesman says sorry you cant see it, just pay for it, beside it looks just like any other car

quote:

As I said before, It looks like every other windows application.

you keep saying this, if so whats the big deal? whats looking hurt. if anyone should get a glimps it should be the maintanance users. at least a monthy update would be nice. I understand CNC dosnt want to show the functions of it just yet but if its so top secret why show it at ITMS for the world to see.

just my thoughts

Guest CNC Apps Guy 1

quote:

...I have heard that copies of X are for sale in some Asian markets...

LOL!!! They can keep it. Anything before Beta 2 really can't generate code anyway. ROFL!!! Besides, there's been so many changes since then... good for them.

quote:

...I spent all last week anoying the competition while they were wandering around the booth trying to sneak a peek at the new interface. Of course they saw it, but we dont want to make it any easier than we have to.

It's so easy to annoy them. The easiest way is to ask how many people actually use THEIR software. At best you'll get rolling eyes, at worst you'll hear a tirade.

Guest CNC Apps Guy 1

quote:

...How did you know they where competitors...

Umm, perhaps the logo on thier shirts gave it away rolleyes.gif . When you work as many shows as most of these guys, you KNOW who your competitors are, even when they hire a new sales dork to come hastle you. There are many tipoffs. Not going to elaborate, don't want to give away the secrets because the competitors ARE in here too.