Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

Mastercam X screen shots...

?Mark

• Replies 172
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Heh, Go Brent You Rebel!

Seriously, if Brent can see that, then so can the competition. And the only reason people like me cant see it, is because I wasn't at IMTS.

So where's the harm in that? Unless Brent tool that photo using his Belt Buckle Camera, and he was inside the Exlusive Insiders Booth. Then,in that case, he's in deep shampooed moose doo-doo smile.gif

LOL

quote:

o where's the harm in that? Unless Brent tool that photo using his Belt Buckle Camera, and he was inside the Exlusive Insiders Booth. Then,in that case, he's in deep shampooed moose doo-doo

Some booths in the machine section said something like patent pending no photograghs...if they didn't want me taking a pic then they should have bum rushed me there. cheers.gif

The user that CNC has selected to be beta testers are allowed in there. We had to sign a confidentiality aggrement to become a beta tester.

Only those selected are allowed permission.

That is why Brent can post a pic of it and not get in trouble. He is not a beta tester. Those of us that are could get sued.....lol

I don’t use MasterCAM any more as I’m now working for a shop that uses Gibbs and supports Bush so I am totally miserable. biggrin.gifbiggrin.gifbiggrin.gif ( I did get a picture of myself with Bill Gibbs for wall paper on my computer at work). I learned MasterCAM in school with V9, and used it there for a number of my own projects, so I think X is a good improvement. The new geometry creation thought not that different has been improved enough to be usable for me ( I prefer a fully parametric modeling environment). When creating geometry, you can dimension entities semi parametrically. You can just draw a line or an arc and then fill in the dimensions or coordinates in boxes in the menu bar. As long as that entity is still “live” you can change any of the dimensions. You can’t go back and change these once you have moved on, but baby steps. The dynamic trim feature is similar to that of pro/e in that you just click on the piece of the entity you want to trim, and it’s gone. There are a few new surface modeling tools as well. CNC was really stressing the customization ability by giving a lot of flexibility to the user as far as setting up the interface the way you want it. Most menu selections are now only one or two levels deep. For example there is a “Create” menu. Pull it down and there are selections for line, arc, etc. Those then have fly outs for the different types of line or arc creation etc. these selections can all be placed in top of the menu bar as menu strips, or you can place any menu item you want in a right click menu. The operations manager is now a window to the left like most of the major CAD program (solid works, pro/e, etc). it is collapsible so you donut have to look at it if you don’t need it. There are now multiple undos!!! As many as you computer has memory for. The tool path generation seemed a lot faster when doing complex surfaces, and back plotting can now be scrolled forward and backward like a QuickTime movie, and when rendering the cut tool path you can dynamically spin the part, and have it render only a zoomed section of the part so you don’t have to watch the whole thing just to see the part you are working on. Lastly off the top of my head. There is what they are calling shop floor modeling (or something like that) where you can define each machine on you floor and call them up as preset s, like configs, but dynamically in each part. You can set up models for things like tooling , fixtures, and barriers so you can’t program a 10” z move on a machine that has 8” of z travel. Likewise if you decide to cut the part on a different machine you don’t have to call a new config. you can just drag the tool paths to the next machine model and see if they will run on that machine. This is just what I remember. The reps were talking about a December release date. And MasterCAM art should be released by the end of this month. Other than that it’s the same old same old. wink.gifwink.gif

Guest CNC Apps Guy 1

Just like IMTS, there for a short time and gone.

To all wondering about X... you'll be impressed. Just wait a bit longer while they (CNC) gets kinks out and polishes it.

James teh biggrin.gif That's all I have to say about that.

Please Dont Post Pictures!!

Mastercam has been previewed at IMTS. It is NOT released. Users can now contact their dealers and possibly arrange a time to see it (although it's not finished yet).

Yes the competition can see it at IMTS. But you can bet we dont make it easy for them. Posting pictures on the internet makes their job a little too easy. I'm sure decsriptions will be available on the Mastercam site at some point in the near future. But for now Beta testers are still bound by their non-disclosure agreements (NDA).

It you really want to know what X looks like, open Microsoft Word or any other Windows interface application. It's HOW it works that your really going to like. Much simpler geometry construction. Fewer picks all around. A simpler, cleaner, more logical interface.

Mike Mattera

I wasn't tryin' to p*ss anyone off or anything. There were booths there that said no photography, which I understand completely. There was nothing posted there about at the mc booth.

quote:

So its kewl for anyone to see it at IMTS; competitors, non users, people that dont know WTF there looking at, but the users that couldn't get to the show can't.

I agree too but I don't make the rules. I was asked nicely to remove it, which I promptly did. I'm not that overly worried about it, just trying to be nice and share a peek.

quote:

It you really want to know what X looks like, open Microsoft Word or any other Windows interface application.

This is true.

cheers.gif