Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

James Meyette

JAMMAN

Guest CNC Apps Guy 1

Not very well, the maid is asking for a raise, the kids want more allowance, and the autograph hounds are digging through my trash and not just on trash days either... biggrin.gif j/k

X has some really cool things. It's coming along nicely.

Guest CNC Apps Guy 1

Sorry guys, the beanie stays. It's tradition. tongue.gifbiggrin.gif Well maye I'll wear my USC hat. biggrin.gif

I consider myself an activist/advocate for US Manufacturing. It has been very good to me and my family over the years, and I feel like I should be preaching the benefits of maintaining a strong Mfg. base in the US. Too many things even dare I say NATIONAL SECURITY depend on a strong capable mfg. sector. Tell you what, if I were ever to come into a lot of money, I'd create a Mfg. Technology center at the local High School and teach Machining, Programming, Robotics, Drafting, etc... Lathes 2-6 axis, Mills 3-5 Axis, all of it. Our future depends on it. But alas I'll most likely never have those kinds of resources at my disposal so I'll just have to keep dreaming, writing letters to editors, congressmen/women, etc..., or maybe some philanthropist will hear my plight and kick down. :shrug:

James teh Mfg. is our lifeblood!

Guest CNC Apps Guy 1

quote:

...quote:

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

We have a document

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

You didn't get that from CBS did you??? biggrin.giftongue.gif

Guest CNC Apps Guy 1

quote:

...James,

I wanted to give a big thank you on behalf of my beloved Cleveland Indians to your USC Trojans for limiting the injury our pitcher received after being shot in K.C.

headscratch.gif Huh??? You'll need to fill me in.

Here ya go James.

MINNEAPOLIS -- Cleveland Indians pitcher Kyle Denney shrugged off being hit in the leg by a bullet, and said Thursday he was grateful he may have been protected by white cheerleaders boots he was wearing as part of a hazing ritual.

Denney was shot Wednesday night when a bullet pierced the team's bus as it drove to the Kansas City International Airport after a game with the Kansas City Royals.

What the heck was Kyle Denney thinking after getting shot? Page 2 has a few ideas.

Page 2

Team trainers removed the bullet from Denney's right calf. He stayed overnight at a Kansas City hotel after being treated at a hospital and arrived in Minneapolis a few hours after his teammates for a series with the Twins that begins Friday.

"As soon as the skin heals, it should be fine," Denney said at a news conference, where he wore a suit and walked without a noticeable limp.

As part of a rookie hazing ritual, Denney was wearing a USC cheerleader's outfit, including the high white boots, on the trip to the airport.

"Our trainers said the boots may have saved Kyle from further injury," team spokesman Bart Swain said.

An Oklahoma native, Denney said his teammates chose the outfit because the Sooners are ranked second behind Southern California in the college football polls.

"I've never been so glad to have a USC thing on," he said.

Swain said the shot was fired into the side of one of the Indians' two buses while it was on a ramp between Interstate 435 and I-70. Outfielder Ryan Ludwick was hit by debris when the bullet entered the bus.

"At first, there was a little bit of panic," Swain said. "Once we realized Kyle was OK, fears were subsided."

Police said Thursday they have no suspects in the case.

"It's disturbing," Royals general manager Allard Baird said. "Whether it's a bus full of major league baseball players and their staff members or one person driving down the road, it's very disturbing that something like this could happen. Why anybody would just take a random shot like that is amazing to me. Thank heavens no one was hurt seriously."

Denney said his teammates ribbed him after realizing he wasn't seriously hurt, but said he hopes the shooter realizes the consequences of his action could have been much worse.

Even before the shooting, Wednesday night's start was expected to be Denney's last of the season.

After getting called up from Triple-A Buffalo on Sept. 14, the 27-year-old Denney is 1-2 with a 9.56 ERA in four starts with Cleveland. He beat Kansas City 8-3 on Sept. 19 for his first major league win.

Guest CNC Apps Guy 1

WOW!!!! I'm going to forward that story to Matt Leinart's Blog. That's amazing that he was not hurt badly.

I'm glad he is OK. Hopefully he'll be back and in great form next year.