Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

new CHooks -> ncdatasheet, chgnci

Gunther,

Any chance of getting an output from a manual entry? I could then have an operation group or groups that contain just a manual entry, and use these to output manufacturing instructions for the machine operators. We are trying to have a setup sheet that needs no manual typing. All that is needed is for someone to open the mastercam file and run the chook and print a complete sheet with all instructions and data on it. I am close, but not quite there.

Many thanks

Bruce

• Replies 116
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks Gunther. I'll load that when I get to work tomorrow.

James. biggrin.gif What I am actually doing is having all the instructions for a job in the mastercam file. I have the ncdatasheet assigned to the F12 key. My goal is that all I need to do when sending a job out into the workshop that I select the correct WCS and the ops that go with it, press F12 an voila!

We have an issue at the moment where we have hundreds of setup sheets on the floor that are not in any way traceable back to the master data for that job. Some of these sheets have been manually added to by operators and often the operators have added their own bits and pieces without informing programming. Many of these are aerospace and defence jobs. The auditors as well as the big companies and governments that we deal with all insist on traceability of information.

cheers.gif

Bruce

Thanks Gunther,

I've been having trouble with it not working. If I make tool paths and then try to run ncdatasheet, it looks like it's trying to get the screen shot, but then it goes back to the regular screen and I have nothing. If I log out of Mcam and come back in, it will work just fine on the same file.

Gunther,

Everything works great. I have 2 questions though.

Why do I get a litle box character in the manual output wherever there is an and of line or carriage return? Its no drama, I'm just curious.

Would it be possible to have the option of selecting the name of the excel template that it outputs to?

Many thanks

Bruce

Hello Bruce,

I think the little box character is from the carriage return. I'll see if I can get rid of it.

For version x I'am going to implement an option to save multiple configurations in ncdatasheet. Meanwhile you can make copies of ncdatasheet.dll and ncdatasheet.xlt with diffrent names like setup2.dll and setup2.xlt. I didn't try that but should work.

• 1 month later...