Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

JPG again

Mekanikal

I don't understand why every one is expecting everything with the newer version of mastercam. mad.gif It's just a software made by people like us. I guess it is the pressure of we people that is causing all the delay in the release. Even in current version you can get everything if spend a little time.

Sorry cadist, but no need to get so much attach. It was just my request. I searched the forum for this topic and there have been so many request for this. So I thought may be some beta tester would like to give a little hint.

quote:

Even in current version you can get everything if spend a little time.

any particular reason headscratch.gif

You must convert the .jpg (or any other raster format image) to a format that can be read by MasterCam. Look at the File/Convertor menu and you will see what formats MasterCam will import. THen you will need to use a "Drawing" program, or something similar, that will output in the required format. Clearly, MasterCam's "RAST2VEC" will do this, But at a steep price. THere are many other programs that will do the same thing. I like to use. "Streamline" by ADOBE. Search the forum again and take note of the other programs tht have also been suggested. Some even have trail versions that will work for a short time.

HTH

-Keith

quote:

Is it possible or just a trick

It is possible with a trick. biggrin.gif

If you want an image in mastercam follow the step.

1. convert your jpg image or whatever you have into .bmp
  2. open registry editor
  3. Goto local_machine--»software--»CNC software--»V9 mill
  4. Right click and select new string value
  5. Name it logo
  6. Double click on it and enter the path of image file in value data.
  7. Start mastercam

With this image is taken as back ground and is aligned to top right corner of screen.

when you are done with image remove the string from registry.

HTH Enjoy.

quote:

where do I find the registry editor

Start/Run "regedit" no quotes.

Be careful wink.gif

Mekanical. What Cadist has done is to force an image as a BACKROUND for the MasterCam screen. I think that we're getting a little off topic here.

[*]get you image

[*]open it in wintopo, streamline,,whatever....

[*]convert image in that program and save in a format for mastercam

[*]open saved image file in mastercam

[*]clean up geomtry in mastercam

[*]apply toolpaths to geomtry

[*]post-process,edit,load machine tool

[*]set-up work piece, establish home, dig tools

[*]Press the "GO" button

[*]Rise, repeat.

hth

-KLG

quote:

But the problem I am facing now is the color of image changes when opened in mastercam.

Yes mekanikal it does chnges.

See the original image I used as source for above example.

mcam.jpg

Notice the color of tool changed.

For better results use black and white images. and use negative of your image.

HTH

quote:

What Cadist has done is to force an image as a BACKROUND for the MasterCam screen. I think that we're getting a little off topic here.

I don't agree with you The Iron Chef That we are getting off topic.

Mekanikal wanted to use image in mastercam by any method. So he can create the drawing the way he wants. And the above mentioned method gives full freedom to do that in mastercam.

As far as registry is concern you need not have to worry if you don't touch any thing. And follow the step as it is.

• 2 weeks later...

Hello all

I need to bring this topic back to life again.

smile.gif

cadist I have been trying your method to place a .bmp image in background but it is not working for me. So I have a couple of questions:

1st is there a certain size or # of colors the image should be?

2nd In the ScreenConfigure do I need to have the "Enable OpenGL® drawing" checked?

If so mine is not lit up...is this an option? Also would somebody be able to explain what this is OpenGL option is for.

I have been wanting to figure this one out for a long time now. It would be nice to finally get it working! banghead.gif

Thank you for your time

Eric

Hi Eric nice avatar, cheers.gif

quote:

1st is there a certain size or # of colors the image should be?

Answer is No. I don't think there is any color or size restrictions. I have tried with many sizes. The color changes to negative but the outline clearly appears.

quote:

2nd In the ScreenConfigure do I need to have the "Enable OpenGL® drawing" checked?

Again no. you can keep it on or off depeding on your requirements. It won't make any difference with image.

As far as image not appearing is concern where exactly in your registry are you entering it. which OS are you using. And are you getting any error message when starting mastercam?