Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

New Installation - Computer Restarting

phowell

I turned the hardware acceleration off (slider to the far left) and started MasterCam. When it loaded the background was white. Clicked "Repaint" and the background turned black like it should be. Clicked "Create" and the screen went black and the computer restarted.

Card in a Geforce4-MX420

code:

It is a Geforce4-MX.   

Search this form for "Nvidia" and "MX".

You will find that GeForce MX (the MX is computerspeak for "lite") are not suitable cards for Mastercam.

Some users have got their MX cards running, but

it would probaly be worthwhile to replace the card

You might want to try downloading the latest drivers from here

It might help. but probably not.

I actually run now Geforce 4 MX -400 64 Ram without any problem under Win2000pro with all versions of MC starting from ver8 up to betaX full acceleration . :joy:

I suppose you have a wrong driver .

Get the latest proper driver from Nvidia site

,deinstall the current driver in the safe mode ,and install the good one .

Windows update can cause this thing to happen ,especially if you have autoupdate feature turned on or after you run service pack .

Also - have you patched your system for your mobo ,that means have you installed mobo driver ?

HTH

ITHH

phowell,

Years ago I purchased a fast graphics card. The computer ran along OK for 10 minutes or so and then would hang or reboot just as yours seems to be doing.

The fault was the graphics card - inconsistant fan speed which would go quickly then sputter out after a few minutes. Depending on what software I was running, determined how much life I was getting.

To solve I swapped backed a cheap graphics card and drew upon the conclusion - this took days I might add.

Another problem might be a warped motherboard that does not give complete and full contact.

Try running without the case side covers and observe the fan - do not touch the graphics card when under power; I have fried both graphics and motherboards in the past.

Constant self rebooting leads to immanent motherboard death, I have the keychain processors to prove this (from my younger days of overclocking)

cheers.gif

Regards, Jack

I believe this card can be "Soft Quadro"ed check out guru3d.com. I have been very happy with this mod applied to my 4200. Most anything that says NVIDIA can be made to work well if you have the right driver and a little patience. Note it isn't always the latest and greatest driver though.

Hope this helps.