Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

WESTEC

JIM ZACK

Hi Guys:

Just got back from LA and a short visit to WESTEC. Spent some time at the Mastercam area and saw a presentation on X given by a CNC Rep. Once you get use to to new interface, it looks like X will be more user friendly. No more "done", "done", "do it". Lots of improvements on how we do things now as well as additional capabilities. Mill and Lathe will be on the same interface so it will be easy to switch back and forth between the two. When I asked the obvious question I was told that X was in its final Beta test and will be in "production"soon. Said to expect release about June.

About WESTEC in general it seems that there were less manufacturers displaying their products but maybe a few more visitors than last year. Nothing earth shatteringly new but having a customized chopper at your display was a sure crowd pleaser. Several 'Monster Garage' vehicles were also on display and the paint jobs on these vehicles (?) looked better on TV than in person, but I guess most people and things do. All in all, it was worth going to checking out the latest and greatest.

ZACK

I just got back too, watched a demo of X. Looks like you will be able to pan and zoom during the verify. Cool. I really liked the whole interface.

So who won the ipod?

I did not recognize any names from here, wish I could have met some of you.

Wow, I must have not visited enough, I don't remember seeing you, and I'd remember that three musketeers beard you have there (thats not an insult I have a bit of facial hair myself). I did get to pick up one of the CAD/CAM consulting decimal charts to hang in the shop. Thanks.

BTW MC had a nice display there.

And...who won the ipod?

The guy in the picture is Bill gibbs right hand guy Bob Dunn good freind.

I have another one with about 3/4 of the crew for MC and 3 or fo from gibbs in the MC booth.

Ipod not sure yet that will come this coming week as i know.

You Like that face hair Dave? biggrin.gif

One other thing that I forgot to mention. I asked if we will need a new hasp to run X and he said yes. The new hasp will be about half the size of the current USB hasp. I said great, easier to lose. His response was that the new hasp will increase security since it a lot harder to copy. He said that knockoffs of Mastercam with hasps are selling for about $100 in Russia. He also said that he would really be pissed if the Russkies start selling X before CNC does.

ZACK

I just got back home last night.

Great presentation for X and MC-Art!

Now I finally believe that X is not VAPORWARE!!! biggrin.gif

The new features are pretty cool.

I especially like the post processor editing tools.

I just wish I could take X home along with the cloth bag and decimal chart. biggrin.gif

cheers.gif

That is a classic picture. At least we now know that at least two people actually stood at that booth....lol. Great job Jay.

I don't know waht made me laugh more.....the "no show" booth of EdgeCrap or the highfeed demo SurfCrap was doing.

Oh....wait.....what about the time when Mr.Gibbs himself was throwing out mouse pads to the crowd and hit this old man in the eye after one of his demos.

I wish i could have moor time but i us there with the vp and his brothers son. And trying to keep all the sales calls down for cheep machines reps. He kept teling me that we can get 2 of these for what that Mori cost that you want. I want the nv 5000 to replace the mv40 that we have now. wow this is long for me and MC had a nice booth to

Jay, can you list the names of the above people? Are any of them forum members? It looks like Paul D., second from the right (based on last year's forum neighborhood). Or perhaps Rekd can "pull an A-Ron" and zoom in on those name tags. biggrin.gif

Thad