Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

Merging Files

Go Navy

Good Afternoon

We have one mastercam part that two programmers worked together to accomplish. one programmer did the lathe side and one programmer did the mill side. Now I would like to merge the files together so to keep all the geometry and toolpathes simple. I was able to merge the geometry but I can't figure out how to import the Toolpathes.

Thanks for the help

Al

Another way to acheive what you want, would be to merge the two files, making sure they are on different levels. Then from the file you merged, import the toolpath ops and then re-assign geometry to the particular paths and regen.

HTH

Rekd,

Thanks for the tip! I really can use this one.

quote:

Open one part, then go to Ops Manager, right click, "Get From Library", click SELECT, change "File Name" to *.mc9, and select the other file. Select the operations you want, and make sure "Import operation's geometry" is checked.

Mike

cadist,

quote:

I don't have lathe, so I am not sure but I think with no method lathe toolpath can be created in mill.

In V9 you are correct with this statement for Mill. However, if you have both Mill and Lathe licensed on the same HASP (bundled), you can open Lathe and also produce whatever Mill toolpaths are licensed (Mill 1, 2, or 3) from the Toolpaths/Next menu/Mill selection. So in this situation, merge the geometry in the Lathe product and import the Mill operations from the Ops mgr. If Lathe and Mill are not bundled on the same HASP, only turning toolpaths will be supported in Lathe. HTH cheers.gif

Sorry took so long responding been swamped smile.gif

+1000 to Rekd

quote:

Then from the file you merged, import the toolpath ops and then re-assign geometry to the particular paths and regen.

and

+1000 to Peter

quote:

In V9 you are correct with this statement for Mill. However, if you have both Mill and Lathe licensed on the same HASP (bundled), you can open Lathe and also produce whatever Mill toolpaths are licensed (Mill 1, 2, or 3) from the Toolpaths/Next menu/Mill selection

Both of you hit the nail right on the head. We did get it to work but, the problem we were having was that we have Mill and Lathe on seperate USB Hasps, So I had to keep plugging and unplugging the hasps on one laptop to get the right program to reconize the hasp when I needed it. I did get some of my Mill toolpathes to be reconized in lathe but, I had to rework some of the other ones. It just proved faster to redo the work rather than keep messing with the hasps... Guess we will be combining our hasps and buying more seats smile.gifsmile.gif

Thanks for the help everyone

have a great day

Al