Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

CEO asking where X is?

DavidB

Last time we had a thread like this, it disappeared. Watch this one go too.

No matter what, a lot of people are upset. Should they be? Who knows. Does that matter? Yes. Any company that has a significant portion of their customers upset...for ANY reason is doing something wrong. It's not really a mystery.

There are still issues with 9 that aren't, and won't be fixed.

For most of us, "sooner than you think" doesn't mean much. I already gave up waiting for it and am looking at an alternative to Mastercam. As a matter of fact, I know I'll get flamed as I always do, but I know of a company with about 8 mill seats and close to that many lathe seats that is bailing next month. Can't blame them at all.

What's CNC Softwares next BIG move?

Anybody notice the lull in forum activity over the past few months? I would love to see what was said in a forum that wasn't infected by CNC software kiss-xxxx (beta testers) and police.

Anybody in their right mind would say that the past two years have been a huge slap in the face from Mastercam to all their customers. I stood by them for most of the time, but enough is enough.

What does your reseller say when you talk to them on the phone about this? One on one, you hear the real news...that they think this is bull too. I've spoken to two. And their SUPPOSED to back up CNC sofware.

As a matter of fact, I'd like to hear Pro Mastercam feedback from someone other than a beta tester, reseller, or CNC software employee. Kind of like trying to win a prize from a radio station...if your affiliated, you can't play. You're biased...you don't count.

Paul

• Replies 101
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Paul,

I give you credit for speaking your mind.That's what a forum is for?

MC have lost plenty of poeple down under, and I know just like you poeple who are moving away from it and purchasing other Cam packages.

Even the school I went to know teach another cam package

I agrre with you about SOME topics being deleted from here that are not MC happy.

I work in a Large Engineering company so the money is not the real issue its the straight out lies and broken promises that get our backs up.

But I know small toolrooms and shops that to them any money spent on Maintanence should give them a return simple buisness really.

There the ones that leave MC and its amazing the word of mouth.

This is a very Biased placed and hard to get a responce about anything negative about MC

quote:

Anybody notice the lull in forum activity over the past few months? I would love to see what was said in a forum that wasn't infected by CNC software kiss-xxxx (beta testers) and police.

Not cool Paul. You oblviously just slammed beta testers.

What police are you reffering too??

quote:

There are still issues with 9 that aren't, and won't be fixed.

If they released last year then you'd have been in here

ballin' "It don't work right" "Boo Hoo Hoo" frown.gif

Why talk $hit about beta-testers??

quote:

For most of us, "sooner than you think" doesn't mean much. I already gave up waiting for it and am looking at an alternative to Mastercam.

"Bye"

PEACE biggrin.gif

quote:

Not cool Paul. You oblviously just slammed beta testers.

What police are you reffering too??

I didn't really mean to slam beta testers, but it seems that everybody that's defensive (pro Mastercam) is a Beta tester. It's a statistical thing...sorry for streotyping. I wanted to beta test too, but I missed it because I was switching jobs as the program was launching. I would almost certainly be biased in favor of CNC software as well if I poured my sweat and tears into it. It's normal...don't take it personal.

I'm refering to the police who pull messages from this forum when they don't exactly make Mastercam look good. Who does that? That's who i call police. I remember one post in particular a couple months ago. It was a lot like this one. Usually the threads get closed, and I can understand that. Hiding it is another thing.

Paul

I don't agree that a thread should just dissappear unless it becomes vulgar.

There is no reason a person should not be able to voice his/her opinion on the software or it's progress.

I would not go as far as to say that the beta testers are kiss xxxx.(Who knows,maybe they have been experiencing something (while testing)that we just have no idea how good it may be (at least maybe compared to V9)!

I don't know.

For what I use Mastercam for at work,I don't have many complaints,but I'm no 3D mold maker at all!!

IMO,it is too badd that at this point in the game that some are ready to 'Bail outta the software' cause I really do believe it is just right around the corner,and it just may surprise you how nice it will be.

But I don't know as I am not a beta tester. cheers.gif

No matter what peoples feelings are on the subject of the software promisses,this forum is bettr than any other cad/cam forum around.

And Paul,at this time of the game,I think you should stick around. wink.gif

Hardmill,

You have given lots to this forum and I respect your opinion and what you say.

Take this topic for example, all the poeple who give MC good feed back about this issue are Beta testers or sell MC like yourself.

They all say its better to wait than recieve a buggy X.

If it's so buggy why 2 years ago did they say it's just around the corner get Maintenace now and get X free?

All the poeple who agree its a joke use MC as a customer, who in return want something for there money or don't like being lied to and having to wait for a release thats way over due

Cheers

quote:

I'm refering to the police who pull messages from this forum when they don't exactly make Mastercam look good. Who does that?

Tell me when you find out. wink.gif

In my near 3 years of forum particpation, I've havn't seen any "toe-the-company-line" BS. Lots of mud slinging now and again, but everyone takes it like a man and let's it sort itself out. It's usually average joe-user who gets a little defensive regarding their bread and butter (me included), but it's generally followed up with some solid knowledge and experience. I'm making parts and $ with V9. What do I need X for, and why are we in a hurry for it? I really don't know, yet. I havn't seen any company lingo from CNC, In-House, or any other "g-men". If anything, they keep out of the pro or anti CNC Software topics.

I think the forums been quiet because most of us have wrung V9 close to dry of most questions and issues....and hopefully folks are using the search feature to find out why they can't get edit common parameters to work. wink.gif

quote:

Last time we had a thread like this, it disappeared. Watch this one go too.

???

I seriously doubt any threads "dissapeared" Paul.

Can't think of even one.

But, what bugs me here is that we get bits and pieces of info concerning MC X from people like Jay (no disrespect intended smile.gif ) and nothing from big guys from CNC Software.

They do frequent this forum (president and vice-president included) quite a bit giving usefull and insightfull tips to users and yet they act as MC X doesn't exist rolleyes.gif

When you think about it the whole MCX release day is kept under closer wraps then D-DAY in Normandy... biggrin.gif

Mark

quote:

When you think about it the whole MCX release day is kept under closer wraps then D-DAY in Normandy...

Only because its much more important biggrin.gifbiggrin.gif

While I don't agree with the way things have gone down,

its still is no reason for trashing beta testers, who

BTW have nothing to do with release dates.

I think what transpired was a much more involved rebuild

than anticipated. No lying, No conspiracy. That simple.

PEACE biggrin.gif

quote:

Can't think of even one.

I posted in one today that dissappeared.

But it was giving out false information. So I breathed a sigh of relief when it did disappear.

I am pro MC and not on maintence, or a Beta tester.

MC9 works so flawlessly for me, I would be happy using it and never upgrading. I have made a good living by using MC and have the edge on alot of the competition. If it didn't work very well I would use another CAD_CAM package.

But would love X as long as it works right and isn't full of bugs that I can never get fixed because I do not purchase Maintence.

So I for one am glad that they are taking thier time.

quote:

all the poeple who give MC good feed back about this issue are Beta testers or sell MC like yourself.

Not true,I'm not a beta tester or a reseller and I am happy! biggrin.gif

Maybe because I am just patient to wait for a finished product that is less buggy than if it were to be released a year ago.

quote:

But, what bugs me here is that we get bits and pieces of info concerning MC X from people like Jay (no disrespect intended ) and nothing from big guys from CNC Software.

Good observation,it would be nice if they would speak from time to time.

Waiting for X is kinda like waiting to die and find out if God really does exist!! tongue.gif

(It must be a faith thing)

+100 Murlin wink.gif

quote:

I posted in one today that dissappeared.

What was it about Murlin, hope it's not CIA's or some secret agency's doing... wink.gif

But seriously, I started that infamous poll about CNC Software's handling of MCX and maintenance and asked on several occasions to have it deleted or at least closed, to no avail., it's still there headscratch.gif

I was surprised about a stir it created which was not my intent at that time...

Mark

quote:

???

Actually one did today.

I have the text saved on my 'pooter at work, I saw it and emailed it to my boss.

It was a quote that the offical release had been done.

quote:

It was a quote that the offical release had been done.

Are you kidding me tongue.gif

So does it mean we gonna read about it in a paper before we hear from CNC Software about it?

It's like hearing from my neighbour that my wife is pregnant biggrin.gifbiggrin.gifbiggrin.gif

PEACE

cheers.gif

Mark

No Mark I am not.

I will repost the message tomorrow AM if anyone would like to see it.

I thought it was strange when I got home and went to go back to it, it was gone. But I did copy it and email to my boss so I know it is in my sent folder at work.

It said and I'll paraphrase at this point " The release of X happend on Friday the 15th and the reseller mentioned in it would have their copies on the 21st"

No BS on my part

I don't know if it was legit or not I have found nothing concrete but when I did talk to my reseller today looking for a quote he said the "It was officially released" becuase it was going to affect pricing on the 4th and 5th axis contouring.

I'd like to offer my response to this. I support our local reseller, as a contract support technician. I also do some sales work, and I have been privy to the betas.

However, I'm also an end user. I've been waiting for X just like everyone else. But I would rather wait and receive an X that is more bug free, and stable, than one rushed out to satisfy end users who are more concerned about deadlines rather than quality. I want X just like everyone else. But I want it right.

In terms of bang for buck in regards to Maintenance. Since Maintenance has been released, there has been several service packs, plus the free step translator, and X, when it is released. I've used UG. I waited longer with UG, for less, and paid more. I think Mastercams maintenance is good value for money. And it doesn't stop at X. X is going to be developed further, as most software is, and it can only get better.

Your reseller should be able to tell you when X will be avaliable. As far as I am aware, it is generally not company policy to put information like that up on here. But it is very close.

Just my two cents worth.... I better get back to work smile.gif