Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

haas NIC adapters

Avarillas

Think you got to add the hard rive to do this and it is not cheap like over $4000 if memory serves me correct. A great opition and for time loading and unloading programs pays for itself in my book alone. The other fact you are limited to 20 gig for a files size is soemthing I very much like. It is primtive Dos but workable with a Win98 computer when I messed with it may have been given more functionality but I would no know that been over a year since I messed with it.

HTH

BTW go to the web site and look for the HDD opition that should cover what you are asking.

We were going to add a network card when we bought the machine and they tried to set it up, it didn't work with our network. You might want think about it before you spend money and it don't work like you had hoped.

They told us, not many people request the network card with the machine, they just use the RS232 interface.

It is nice to have. We have ours working the way it should finally. From the machine you can get a file from my computer's harddrive. And from my computer I can drag and drop a file to the machines harddrive. You will spend many phone calls trying to get it hooked up because they don't have any good support. but once you have it working you will be happy.

We just finally got our two agie wireburners network ed to the computer. the same thing there nobody knew how to network there machine to your network. the right service guy came in and he new how. so now the wireguy is happy after 3 1/2 years of sneakernet.

good luck.

Jody

the pic worked cool.gif

iviewcapture_date_29_07_2005_time_0.jpg

go to map network drive. the 'cnc' is the username on the PC. I think the 'haasmill' is something they said to put in. if you have the hard drive option you use 'haasmill' if you have the USB option i think you use 'haasdata' biggrin.gif if you have both the hard drive and usb options you have to much money and can hire someone to fix it up. biggrin.gif I wish I remembered more but I was on the phone with them so much about it trying so many things it is all a blur. bonk.gif I was so amazed when it did work that I did not take notes. bonk.gif

your best bet is really to call haas and keep buggin them till you talk to the one guy that knows something.

Jody

not to hijack this thread but I hae a topper machine with a Fanuc 18i-M controller and am interested in setting up something like this to take advantage of drag and drop of files.. anyone out there maybe have any insight they could give me in my situation... thanks...

Hi there,

hijacking the thread - eh?

Well the Fanuc 18i-M comes in two flavors A or B. Both types will not support a 'drag and drop' environment but will allow for FTP access ( From the machine you can do a GET or PUT ) The controller has what is called an FTP client built in. This allows the machine to initiate the command as opposed to someone 'pushing' a file to it - like on the HAAS or MAZAK network setup. FTP is a safer way to connect machinery because a virus can not be pushed to the machine. Anyhow - the A style 18i has two pages of ethernet setup and generally the best way to connect the machine is to purchase the data server option from Fanuc and FTP to and from the hard drive (data server). The B style 18i has ethernet built into the control and generally is tied into connector JD38A (This can be functional quite easily by an experienced DNC guy.) * Note that most machine builders do not have this type of person on staff - so you will have to poke around alittle to find someone to help. Most DNC software packages on the market have FTP built into them as a standard option. Find out who is good in your area and give them a call. We have had great success here in New England connecting this Fanuc 18i controller up WireFree to the network.

Regards,

John Carpenter

Ellington, CT.

www.WireFreeCNC.com