Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

Anyone else up late playing wth X?

J Coulston

This is going to be a big adjustment for everyone. Get your clicker fingers in shape.

I just spent way to much time trying to figure out how to change entity color and level. Could be operator error but I looked for a long time. You have to add it to an icon bar or assign a key to it. Hint it is under the "SCREEN" category. At least I know where to look the next time I can’t find something.

Libraries and posts converted easily. Now I just need to post some code so I can check it out.

I am still working on my defaults and I have the icon bars arranged with most of the commands I need to start off with.

Stock now stays set when you change WCS in verify.

Lots of cool other goodies.

I think in a few months I will say I never want to use V9 again. I am sure after I attend the X User Rollout Seminar I will see where I've been messing up.

Let the MCX questions fly.

Who knows its late, I could be dreaming that I even have X.

quote:

Hint it is under the "SCREEN" category. At least I know where to look the next time I can’t find something.

Not to be a smartass, but it was under Screen in V9 too. eek.gif

Don't forget about the help menu or the "?"

Thad teh just had a demo of X yesterday and now I REALLY can't wait to get my hands on it!

It don't have the Change Color option. It shows Clear Color but no Change Color.

I just wanna change an existing entity to another color. A task so simple in V9 and no doubt just as simple in X - when I find it, that is. rolleyes.gif

EDIT: I used the EA manager to change colors. But that's cumbersome. I liked the Change Colors option...What is X's equivalent?

To change colors select the enetites or windows the ones you want to change. this called pre-selecting and then go to the color option at the bottom of the screen and put your mouse over the clolr shown you will see a little mouse prompting you for a right click.

Now right click and it will let you pick a color.

Pick the color and you are done.

Preatty much the same with levels.

Whatch for the right click options.

And there is alott of preselecting that is real nice.

Lucky ducks!! cheers.gif

I don't have mine yet but can't wait! biggrin.gif

In the meantime I'll keep reading the posts and picking up tips here and there until I get my copy and can try it out.

BTW...Just as a matter of trivia, does anyone know how many beta versions there were before the finished product was finalized? If that's confidential information, I'll understand. wink.gif If it's not a secret, I'd like to know just out of curiosity... biggrin.gif Beta testers?

John, I put in a request at work for the rollout seminar on the 16th at Prism, but my boss just kind of chuckled, then promptly ignored it. I think we're getting really busy this month so I doubt he'll be letting me go anywhere. wink.gif If he does let me go, I'll see you there.

quote:

just wondering if they happened to mention during your demo when they were going to start shipping x. as you know with how this place works mine could be lost in corprate mail for months
banghead.gif

Dan,

They said they haven't received X yet. Nothing was nailed down for sure, but it sounds like they'll have an "open house" for customers to come by and pick up their copy. Some of the fine folks from CNC Software might be there. I hope to attend.

Is Rich back to work yet?

Thad

quote:

Why is the mastercam web site not announcing the relaase of X???

Due to all the support here they decided to let the forum Memebers know early.

The actull release date is Aug 15th.

CNC was trying to to give us time to get are stock in hand so when you folks started calling saying were mine we had it.

So I say thank you CNC for letting the Forum Memebers know early cheers.gif

John,

I will be at Prism on the 16th as well. Our roll out in Baltimore didn't work with our schedule so we have to drive up to Fort Washington. I look forward to meeting you guys. I am bringing one of our new hires with me. He has been using Surfcam for the last few years and now we are throwing him feet first into Version X.