Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

Cool MCX Features

gcode

Thee are plenty of threads about X problems.

I thought I'd start one about cool features.

In backplot, you can drag the progress bar back and forth across the screen to move back and forth along a toolpath.

This is cool, but your index finger gets tired in a hurry.

You can do the same thing with the left/right arrow keys too. This is very useful for checking out long pocketing operations

gcode... banging that drum again biggrin.gif

quote:

I'd much rather use keystrokes and not have all those icons cluttering the top of my screen.

cheers.gif Me too. biggrin.gif

I'm just starting to use X and I think finding the cool features is part of the fun. I'm still tied to 9 especially since we had 2 killer weeks last week and this week so I didn't have time to muck about with new software. We just had stuff to get done as quickly as possible and I'm not comfortable enough with X yet to travel at hyper speed. wink.gif

Next week looks a little calmer so maybe I can play around with X a while and get more used to it.

BTW...Any NY NJ PA forum members going to 3D training at Prism Engineering Oct 24-26?

If so I'll see ya there! cheers.gif

One of my favorites is Dynamically rotate (mouse button) Hold alt down automatically (while in dynamic rotate) and she pans. cool.gif

Like Jim said... Sometimes the jobs are needed right away... I don't have time to fumble around in X when I can have code in (in a fraction of the time) in V9. Version X is definitly getting more smooth. I still find myself using SW instead of creating surfaces... There are a lot of us here we will hopefully bring eachother along though! biggrin.gifcheers.gif TGIF

Just found one more...

In 9 you had to use moldplus to extend a trimmed surface and a lot of times it was ugly.

Now, in X you can extend any surface trimmed or not and it looks sweet.

Very useful tool for electrodes and if'n you're running a POS machine which rounds corners at parting line.

Way to go guys! cheers.gif

- Holding down the mouse wheel to rotate

- Customizing Toolbars / States

- The "Tab" feature in 2D Contour cool.gif

- Gradient Background Direction in System colors cool.gif

- MRU bar

- Previewing Xform functions

Find more and more everyday. I dig it !!!

Fix the communications quirks, and it will be perfect.

cheers.gif

In backplot you can step through a toolpath with the S key, the slider bar on top or back and forth with the arrow keys. That's been covered already.

Here's another cool feature... When you 'Save as Geometry" it save the geoemetry up to the point

where you stopped. In V9 it saves the whole toolpath and you have to dleete want you don't want.