Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

ex-Sr Programmer on the hunt . . .

Code_Breaker

Hey, everyone, I know this my be OT, but I thought more people would read it here.

I am no longer working in Walnut, CA. I was laid off due to lack of work.

Actually, the company has lost three major customers due to bad work and late deliveries.--Gillette, Calmar and Stull. There has been others, but these were major hits to our work load. Presently, there is only one major job in the shop and it is on hold.

Also, one of the two owners sold out and now they are trying to reduce their liabilities. High paid employees are being let go. One of the top designers (also stock holder) with the company 25 years was also laid off.

The company's new General Manager has no mold making experience. He doesn't even know the differences between a CH and HH on a mold. He is only hired to turn the company from a mold making to "Manufacture of Molds" Several mold makers were let go or quit. He wants to do away with the position of Mold Maker and make them assemblers instead.

Anyway, enough of this. I will continue to visit here as much as possible. I am looking for work in So. Cal area. I live in Corona. If anyone knows of an opening, please let me know.

Thanks

cheers.gif

Code_Breaker,

This might not be what your looking for but maybe something to tide you over. We are looking for some part-time instructors here at the Ontario NTMA Training Centers. Lots of hours days and nights so it would be split shift. It could be real erratic as far the times go. We are are also looking for a full time guy, but full time here is 25 hours a week. Between the night and day stuff you might be able to pull the 40 hours most guys want. Let me know if your interested in teaching.

Henri

Guest CNC Apps Guy 1

Whew... I dodged a bullet on that one didn't I? eek.gif

James teh interviewed there and seriously considered the position.

Drop me an e-mail. I may have something for you.

Guest CNC Apps Guy 1

I was replying while you were replying so I didn't see it until afterwards. Sorry, you get first dibbs. My bad.

What I have would not interest you in case that's what you were meaning. biggrin.gif

Henri,

got your e-mail . . . very interested

James,

Left message . . .

Henri and James,

No conflict between you guys, both will work.

Are they any other taker? Remember, I program for soft and hard machining, electrodes etc. This is not just your every day type of programming, but very complicated models. Tool path generations changes from model to model. Many times, creative thinking makes a model reality.

Not bragging . . . just speaking from experiences.

cheers.gifcheers.gifcheers.gif

Don What area are you looking in I will keep an ear open as I talk to shops.

The school thing that Henri is talking about can be fun. Both I and James taught for years at this school.

I support the school still and teach at others now.

Remember I said this morning feel free to call again any time.

quote:

Not bragging . . . just speaking from experiences.

biggrin.gif That's not cocky... It's a tough job. Someones got to do it! biggrin.gif

quote:

looking for programmer.

Also know of place in Valencia

Theepres I've been doing my homework... Corona is quite a distance from Corona. That's actually sort of around here! Hell'uva drive from Corona!

CodeBreaker.... If your ever out this area drop me an e-mail and I've got a couple buddies who own shops. It's good to know you've got friends! Lots of them. You find something! biggrin.gifcheers.gif Good luck man! cheers.gif

eurika . . . found a job

I want to thank everyone to personally encouraging me when times get tough . . .

TheePres:

Thanks, I owe you more than one . . .

gcode:

Friends for life . . .

James Meyette:

good road to travel . . . I will wait and see

Jay:

your support has been great . . .

Henri:

Keep me on your list, I'll be back . . .

This is just a few names that help . . . I thank you all . . . cheers.gif

Who's next to need help from the forum?

biggrin.gifbiggrin.gif

Seriously... CodeBreaker Glad to hear you found something. We are always looking for qualified Programmers/Designers/Electrode Designers/Machinists/all around shop personal. Sorry I couldn't help you out. If you're ever out here give a jingle! cheers.gif