Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

How many are using X?

I am curious how many of us are using only X by now.

Myself, I have been strictly using X since the middle of Sept. Yes, I did and do spend a good deal of personal time learning how it works. I received X in mid-august and did some fiddling and diddling and configuring with it, started to program and found out of the box the files could not be named the way I needed them to be. That held me off from going full bore. When that was fixed under MR1 that was it.

I've only started V9 to check something I had previously done. I could uninstall it tomorrow and I would not need or miss it. There have been some fumbles and bumbles along the way but not one thing has been a job killer especially since the G01/G02 incidents in mid Oct.

Every single job I have programmed and in que to run has been done in X. I am just about on par with my programming times in V9.

I do all mill work of 2-1/2, 3 and 4 axis work for 6 VMC's with 4 lathes and a live tooling lathe coming on board in the new year.

I do not have a ton a time to program since I do all the process control for all the manufacturing, fixture design, tool design, tool ordering, stock ordering, I am involved in a software implementation committee(SW/UG before that).

Sometimes I think I'm the chief cook and bottle washer too smile.gif

There has got to be other people out here being successful with X also, where are you?

I've been using it exclusively since we got it Sept 20th at the roll out seminar. When I got to work the next day, I installed it on all 6 seats and just started using it. The only thing I've used V9 for since then is if I run across something in X that just doesn't seem right, I see if V9 functioned the same way and I just didn't realize it. Kinda like a bug checker.

When problems came up, we just worked through them. I'm a bit slower now when I go back to V9. biggrin.gif

Thad

We are using X here . I went to V9 today and opened a file and within 5 minutes shut it down and realized i wanted to use VX because i was more fluent with it now. yeah it has some issues but i am sure they are working the bugs out. I am doing both lathe and mill programs here and all is working well. cheers.gif

I have been using X since early September. Going well over all, lots of learning, since I didn't really ever touch MC v9. Over all going good. Now just need to convince the higherarcy into getting me solids and lathe....*sigh*

Got it early September, loaded it, fired it up and haven't looked back once.

The way I figure...its the only way to force yourself to learn. Like the new pair of shoes, not as comfy as your old kickers, but force yourself to wear them... few bandaids and maybe a blister but soon the comfort is back.

I've been using X since the middle of August when we got it. I programmed 1 or 2 parts with V9 right after we got X, but they were rush jobs and I didn't have the machine def. or control def. set up in X yet, since then, all X,

Luckily my employer lets me take the HASP home and they gave me a laptop, so I have done a lot of learning on my own.

I use X almost exclusively now. We've got over

80 CNC's here and occasionally I'll need to do something quick and dirty for a machine I havn't

built an X post for yet.

In that case, I'll use V9, but I really don't like it anymore.

After getting used to X's superb Space Pilot

intergration and preselection, I feel like a 10 thumbed fool working in V9.

I have experiemce with a few different softwares and I have only been using X for a few days now and haven't had any reason to go back to older versioins. I have found that it's new format is very similar to Visi. But without a doubt the 2d package of mastercam is far better than Visi. I use Visi 90% and Mastercam 10% of the time.