Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

How many are using X?

I feel that X just isn't ready for prime time. Too many problems need to be worked out before I use it full time. The deal breaker for me is not being able to print, and yes I have tried all the tricks suggested on this forum.

I also find the interface really objectionable. Granted I have not invested the time required to fully learn it. Too many problems need to be addressed before I stop using a "great" version 9.

Installed in Aug.

X has been the only piece of software I have ever used that would not play nice with my Hardware, and I'm not so sure that its ALL been MY problems. X crashes far less for me since patch 2 & 3, and I havent changed a thing.

I have had to bring my own PC to work at the place I am presently employed, just to be able to use my seat Mastercam, they will not buy me any hardware.

If I had been able to start of with compatable hardware, I would probably be using X alot more.

Crashing to the desktop on a particular file and I'm outa X and getin'-er-done in 9...I don't even stop to ask why...don't have the time to jack with it....

Guest CNC Apps Guy 1

This is a screenshot of my setup that has worked real well for me for the last few days or so.

On the ftp.

/Mastercam_forum/unspecified_uploadsXMR1.jpg

quote:

...The deal breaker for me is not being able to print, and yes I have tried all the tricks suggested on this forum...

Works well for me, though I do miss the "Hardcopy" in 9 because I used those screenshots (with the white background) in my setup sheets. Now to get that I have another step in the process but since getting code pays the bills and screen shots do not, I'm gonna have to go with the other step, though I'm going to make another suggestion to [email protected] to see if they can make a button for V9 style Printing, I mean shoot, they have V7 style colors, why not have V9 style Hardcopy??? biggrin.gif

James teh stirring the pot biggrin.gif

Still going back to 9.1 here. I keep trying to use X, but keep running into walls. Whether they are of my own making or not, they still happen and production is what keeps my job. Some more extensive transition training from the resellers would be helpfull possibly but for now I'm going back to 9.1 and staying there. by the by, I'm one of those old guys that are stuck in our ways and don't like to adapt. At least thats what will be said by some. My problem is if you have something that works well, why should you have to addapt to something that doesn't seem to work as well just because it's new?

Bill Cronkhite

Guest CNC Apps Guy 1

quote:

...why should you have to addapt to something that doesn't seem to work as well just because it's new...

That's the "Big 3" Motto eek.gifbiggrin.gif and we all know where that's getting them eh? tongue.gif