Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

hide entities feature request

I have only found limited uses for the hide entities function. It seems like 99% of the times I think of using it the geometry selection is more of a nuisance than the alternatives so I find another way. For me, having the opportunity to select the entities to hide rather than the entities to keep would be very useful at times.

My request is for a toggle to switch between "entities to keep" or "entities to remove".

Does anybody else like the idea or am I cuckoo.gif ?

• 17 years later...
8 minutes ago, Jobnt said:

Haven't got to necro a 17 year old post before but here goes...

Is there anything like Zap Levels for 2020 and beyond? 

I use invert selection if i want to select everything else to hide,

If you want a chook all you have to do is tell me the version, that's a 5 minute one lol

• Like 1
  • 3 months later...
1 minute ago, Newbeeee™ said:

He's just proved, there's no such thing as a 5 minute job....

Give me 5 minutes..🤣

6 minutes ago, Newbeeee™ said:

He's just proved, there's no such thing as a 5 minute job....

There is a joke I wanna make but...

• Haha 1
1 hour ago, Jobnt said:

Level(s) hidden. 

Run hook, select (or use already selected) geometry, hide level. No need to revert after because I'm not sure how you would manage that. 

well you unhide them Matt,

we use this thing called dynamic memory or RAM to cache data,

if you hid twice in a row, the latest block would be squashed first..

us programmers have all kinds of tricks up our sleeves, sort of like magicians!

• Haha 2

Are you talking hiding geometry/solids, or turning a level's visibility off? I'm looking for the latter.

I will be running the hook multiple times in a row to hide levels as burried entities become visible so running it again to unhide the last level would defeat the purpose. 

Hmmm... I like magic.

10 hours ago, Jobnt said:

Are you talking hiding geometry/solids, or turning a level's visibility off? I'm looking for the latter.

I will be running the hook multiple times in a row to hide levels as burried entities become visible so running it again to unhide the last level would defeat the purpose. 

Hmmm... I like magic.

I have a class that records the active level list, it could just hold on to the first one that was recorded until you press the button, I think that would be fine, then you could restore all visibility with one click after you hid everything you wanted to, yes levels,

I like magic too, now for my next trick, I'm going to make myself disappear!! 

Haha just kidding.. we wouldn't want that now..

• Haha 2
11 hours ago, byte said:

I have a class that records the active level list,

The level manager already does that. If you have levels 1, 3 and 5 visible and hit All On, all levels come visible. If you hit All Off, they turn off except 1, 3 and 5. 

The hook should be as simple as a one-way toggle to turn off levels for selected entitles, or provide a selection prompt if nothing is selected.

It should work on entities crossing multiple levels as well, so if I have entities selected on levels 1, 3 and 5 and run the hook, all three levels should turn off. 

:)

2 hours ago, Jobnt said:

The level manager already does that. If you have levels 1, 3 and 5 visible and hit All On, all levels come visible. If you hit All Off, they turn off except 1, 3 and 5. 

The hook should be as simple as a one-way toggle to turn off levels for selected entitles, or provide a selection prompt if nothing is selected.

It should work on entities crossing multiple levels as well, so if I have entities selected on levels 1, 3 and 5 and run the hook, all three levels should turn off. 

:)

You're not getting it, it can be a one way toggle to turn levels off, and another button to undo events the button did sequentially, if you want to go back for some reason, if u don't need the seconds button, easier

• Thanks 1