Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

Picking Holes in X

Jack K

How is everyone picking there holes to drill? I used to pick Drill- Manual- Center then pick all my holes. In X it seems like it is missing something or I am not seeing it. I never used to use auto cursor but in X I feel like that is the only choice and I am not used to it yet. Seems like alot more clicks...what am i missing?

Mask on arc seems to work about the same and I do use this on big die sets with hundreds of holes and it works good.

I did not realize the that entity defaulted to center. I will check that again....thanks!

Mask on arc is good if you designer has drawn his holes sizes are all different. What is a 3/8 screw and 3/8 dowel are the same size? adda clearance hole the same size and you have a mess. I tend to do alot of big die sets that have hundreds of holes and mask on arc has helped big time....but I need to be carefull.

Jack

the option for Entity center was added in MR1 so you know. if I am doing a solid I leave it at the default and pick the edge of the solid hole and it gets the center.

other wise I use mikes way the enitiy way matters what the part is and the info really.

this changes daily.

MR 2 will not arrive untill September? And on top of that ETA would have to be adjusted for the usual delay so in all reality that would mean that we wouldn't see MR2 until the end of the year. Can someone from CNC please tell me that this is not correct.