Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

Access code installation help needed.

Bruce Caulley

Morning all,

We have just purchased 5 axis true solid verify, but where do I enter the codes? I have a .doc file as follows:

code:

Access codes for Verify 5 axis

Access code file name is verify5x.acc

Serial # Access Code

-------- -----------

I spoke to the reseller and he thought that it would prompt me the first time I tried to use it, but it didn't. Any ideas?

Bruce

I recieved via email 3 different files 2 files with a .Hcode extension and one doc file as described above. When I ran the .Hcode file for the relevant SIM I got the message "Sim succesfully updated" or something similar. That gave us solids but not verify5x. If I run haspX Mill 3, solids and 5 axis all show. We we "grandfathered" into MCX 5 axis because we had it in V9, but we never had the 5 axis truesolid verify. Maybe I need to do a fresh install?

Bruce

Bruce,

I don't know anything about verify5x, but there should be a file called verify5x.acc, just like your document file says. Maybe you have to install something first?

Is that a 3rd party app?

Anyway, I just updated our Moldplus codes last Friday by opening moldplus.acc and pasting the new code in.

Thad

Bruce,

I have the truesolids verify add-on

My dealer suipplied me with a 12 digit number

in a text file named verify5x.acc

If I put a copy of that file in my

C:mcamx folder, multiaxis solids verify works.

There is no need to install additional software.

I think ( never tried it) you can also put all three 12 digit numbers in the same file, each set on a single line. That way the same acc file will support all 3 of your sims.

I guess that you should create a file called verify5x.acc on your MC folder, and then put the codes inside it.

Try to create a new .txt file with the right-click button, "NEW" -> "Text Document", and name it "verify5x.txt". After that, rename it with .acc extension, open in an editor and put the codes there on the first line.

Open MC and test it.

HTH

quote:

Try to create a new .txt file with the right-click button, "NEW" -> "Text Document", and name it "verify5x.txt". After that, rename it

Cimco Edit is best for this.

Just open the txt file, hit Save As and name it

"verify 5x.acc"

Cimco will automatically give it the acc file extension.

What about codes for more than one SIM?

What does is the correct way? Place all of them in only one line or each code needs a line within the file?

Edit:

quote:

I think ( never tried it) you can also put all three 12 digit numbers in the same file, each set on a single line. That way the same acc file will support all 3 of your sims.

for multiple sims in the same file try this format

123321123321 ; sim# 12345

456654456654 ; sim# 45678

789987789987 ; sim# 78912

this is the format my moldplus/supertrim acc file uses

my single sim verify file just has the 12 digit

number and nothing else