Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

Modern Machine Shop article about my shop

chris m

chris m,

Cudos to your company. Guess you were too busy to speak with the guy writing the article? wink.gifbiggrin.gif J/K Chris. I also noted they didn't mention Fred either. biggrin.gif Was everyone else in a meeting when he was interviewing Steve? Seriously though, it's a great article. cheers.gif

Steve Z.,

quote:

How does a company get chosen for an article?

One of the execs of said company autographs a short, wide, green (sometimes blue) slip of paper with a bunch of numbers written on it to further the publishing efforts of said magazine. biggrin.gifwink.gif Honestly though, Harmonic Drive does some pretty amazing $#!T. "OD turned to 0.01 inch wall thickness." eek.gif On a daily basis.

Crazy^Millman,

quote:

Funny thing how they make it sound like Mr. Foley does everything at your guys shop.

That's because Chris spends too much time in production meetings and on this forum to be around when magazines come knockin'. biggrin.gifbiggrin.gif

quote:

How does a company get chosen for an article?

This particular article was set up through Sandvik. We had an issue awhile back with some vibration problems on our LT15M using a custom-designed Capto clamping unit [the only problem we've had with Capto, other than the fact that its expensive] that resulted in the Capto 'division' manager [i think he's a Sandvik VP] and their Engineering Manager for the Capto product coming to my shop to do an analysis and some redesign work. When they were here they saw some unconventional uses of their product and asked if we'd be amenable to an article about it. After some back-and-forth about it the article was done and I think will run in their 'Metalworking News' or whatever as well as MMS.

The article that, I think, will be in American Machinist is being done by Okuma and The Robert E. Morris Company because we are an Okuma showroom and love to run off at the mouth about how Okumas are the cats a$$...

.010 wall is actually pretty normal for us; .004 on the little stuff

C

Good stuff chris.

We wre in EDM Today last year and Job Shop Technology this year.

For 2 months after the EDM Today article I was getting calls from EDM wire and supplies sales people. I never know that many different companies existed.

We got real nice quality color pdf's of the articles amd had 500 printed up. They make nice brochure stuffs for sales.