Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

Will not Create curve, one edge

It'a an imported model from SW, however SW is not it's native format, it was converted from something else, I don't know the original format.

quote:

BTW John, you call it a vacation???

From my full-time job yeah wink.gif

Real vaca is coming in Sept, Kevlin is shut down so have no choice this week. They were shut down last week too but I got to work last week.

Well, I got to show up last week I should say

biggrin.gif

No warning on import

No arrow, edge will not even highlight when the cursor is over it, nothing at all. It's like it's not even there.

The programs however have checked out.

My bottle of Tequila has been on the counter since last night when I closed it at 9:30 and there it will remain until I finish these 2 roughs tonight.

Friends don't let friends drink and program

biggrin.gif

And if any stray birds fly by, I got a load of #10 for him

wink.gif

Hi John,

Have you tried running RAM Saver? This utility will rebuild your display database. I have seen it fix several weird display problems in Mastercam. My guess is that its some issue with the geometry database/graphics card not auto-highlighting the surface edge. You might also try a fresh reboot on the whole computer.

I'm just taking a guess...

Thanks,

Colin Gilchrist

The Boeing Company

Yes, I get some really funky lines created in the problem areas. Lines that cannot be trimmed, extended in only 1 direction. I notice I get a lot of NURBS as well, maybe I just haven't paid enough attention in the past and always got them.

Colin,

I will try the RAM saver, just to see if it helps, the next time I run into the issue.