Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

OKDNC software

Mano

Finally an Okuma technician sent me sample OKDNC software for me to try drip feed using DNC-B on my okuma. This sample OKDNC works great but it only let me run program up to 25k than stop. This software price is $6,995.00 way too expensive for me. Does anyone use other dnc software succesfully for less?

Mano

Mano,

1+ to crazy I have an older Okuma with an OPS 7000 controller and I use the Cimco DNCmax. Works great I have parts that run up to 130 hours per part and never had any drip feeding problem. This will not break the bank either and you get some great features. Like backplot using G Code so you can is if there are an issues with the posting of the file. cheers.gif

I've used OKDNC as well as Cimco. I'm not sure what problem you are having with OKDNC but I trickle 50MB files all the time and comparing it to Cimco it's the bomb. Cimco has alot of nice features that would be missed out on by just using OKDNC but for those of you that have never used OKDNC, you call programs just as if they reside in memory but are being called pre-assigned location on the network. There is no editting of a call out program that is needed for Cimco's remote call. The price tag seems a little steep mind you. I don't remember what we paid for ours, it has been quite a few years since.

I am not sure the cost of CIMCO and the "DNC-B" option add-on, but Predator DNC includes the Okuma A and B protocol at no additional charge. It was designed to replace the "OKDNC" at a fraction of the cost.

Predator's solution is $700 and includes the solution for the OKUMA DNC-B and CNC Editor as well.

If you want to try it MANO, just download it from our site and I will get you a license key.

• 4 weeks later...

Mano,

I know it was mentioned a few times earlier - but most importantly - you must have the DNC-B option to drip feed the machine you are talking about. Second - OKDNC operates with the Okuma Protocol A which does a checksum between the software and the control itself (This is the most reliable way to DNC the Okuma machine). The OKDNC software is not 7K - it is more like 1250 - probably the DNC-B option and the software were being lumped together in the quotation.

Regards,

John