Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

Vericut vs. MC verify

TheePres

I must decide by end of week on purchse of Vericut software for simulating 5 axis toolpaths.

Just recieved my X cd's but have not installed yet (waiting on system build).

Ive read other posts that mention maybe a more robust MC verification package in X.

Could I get opinions on wether MC Veify is sufficient or to go with VeriCut.

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If your company will spring for Vericut, get it. There is no subsitute. The level of detail to which you can interagate the as-machined part is second to none. If you add the MC to Vericut converter it will grab your tools (and holders) to give you ultra accurate simulation of tools & holder collisions. It's very nice to have open will your programming to do quick verifies of say kellering to see exactly how it will turn out.

An additional module is Machine Sim which shows the parts being machined using the actual kinimatics of the machine. It's pricey but if you do large parts with clearance issues, it's awesome to have.

--

Bill

+1 on Predator Virtual CNC.

I've used Predator and it will give you the same functionality as Vericut for about 1/3 of the cost.

We use Vericut here at Boeing and it is awesome, but if it were my money, I'd consider both carefully. Saving around 20k of my own money would be a huge deal. You will need to get some training either way though. Both pieces of software need considerable amounts of configuration/knowledge to be able to use them well. Vericut does offer a service where they will build you a model of your machine and create a Control file for you. I'm guessing that it is pretty expensive, but considering the time involved, it might be worth it. I'm not sure if Predator offers this kind of service, but I'm sure you could get them to do the same kind of thing. After all, money talks. I'm sure you could get all the support/training you need with a small part of that 20k. Let us know how the decision making process goes.

HTH,

Colin Gilchrist

IRC NC Programming

Mastercam Focal

The Boeing Company

I've owned Predator VCNC for over five years.

Its a good tool for a good price.

Support is hit or miss though.

Vericut can run rings around it, but you can buy a full seat of Predator and a decent pickup truck for what you'll pay for Vericut.

Vericut maintenance will leave you in tears,

Predator is $750 a year.

Vericut runs on a network license ,Predator runs on a HASP

Predator does a good job on 5 axis gcode and has saved my butt more times than I can count.

It can't run millturm gcode, but does a nice job running millturn NCI files.

If I was spending OP money, I'd buy Vericut, but

since its my money, I bought Predator.

I do not believe Predator can simulate actual "Interpolated motion" based off of the kinematic system.

"what the actual machine will do during RAPID motion"

Relative to where the workpiece is in the machine.

Actually I know of only one that does it successfully....

headscratch.gif TruePath..

quote:

I do not believe Predator can simulate actual "Interpolated motion" based off of the kinematic system

It will simultate 3 axis dogleg rapid motion and correctly simulate the arcing motion of a 5 axis rapid about its pivot point.

I doubt that it accurately simulates a 5 axis

rapid in all 5 axis, but its close enough for general use.

It has fields to enter the acceleration factors for all five axis, but I haven't a clue what those factors are and don't know how well they work.

I've personally seen Predator catch 5 axis rapid crashes that Vericut missed. Of course the Vericut guys were checking APT source without a machine definition and I was checking gcode.

They refused to believe my lowly Predator and got to eat a $20K piece of aluminum for breakfact. It was an expensive lesson.

Verifying APT source or NCI does not tell the whole story in MC Verify , Vericut or Predator.

Shop Floor Automations-Predator SW

Member # 1407

Icon 1 posted 08-17-2006 12:23 AM Profile for Shop Floor Automations-Predator SW Author's Homepage Email Shop Floor Automations-Predator SW Edit/Delete Post Have you looked at the Predator Virtual CNC product?

This supports 5 axis part and machine simulation. Cost is about $1K per axis, for a complete package you are looking at $11K.

www.predator-software.com for trials.

--------------------

Greg Mercurio

Shop Floor Automations, Inc.

www.shopfloorautomations.com

(877)611-5825 Toll Free

Sorry I had too.... firebounce.gif

Vericut makes me want to be a better programmer.

When a part is 12K and you get a first article with Vericut's help, it's worth it.

When a part is 200 bucks, You can scrap a lot of first articles to justify the savings.

Budgie, What my partner Bugging you telling you about the other option that I use and sell to. wink.gif

(Sounds like a salesman to me) Yes but if you need info on communications to your CNC this is the man.

[ 08-17-2006, 10:10 AM: Message edited by: Cadcam From Cad/Cam Consulting ]