Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

CNC Machinist/ Programmer Job Opening

Guest CNC Apps Guy 1

I'm at a company in Corona programming in CATIA V5 now. 7 miles, 12 minutes away. REEEEEEEEEEEEEEL nice! biggrin.gif

quote:

...I'm always looking for good programmers that can handle challenging jobs...

There's an awful lot of pretenders out there. I hear the same thing all the time. The guy that left the place where I'm at, guess I could say I'm his replacement, used to say "... I 'da best pogammuh..., I 'da best...". That' was my attempt at a foreign accent. Word on the street is he was not. biggrin.gif Since I'm a CATIA n00b, I think I get some slack. biggrin.gif Hoping not to use any though. biggrin.gif

There's definitely a shortage of programmers. Are they all busy or have they left the trade?

Guest CNC Apps Guy 1

Dark!!! biggrin.gif

I do really like the CAD. Constraint based Parametric Modleing is great... as long as everything adds up. The CAM works. The people around here that bitch and moan about Mastercam having bugs.... STFU!!! eek.gif EVERY SOFTWARE HAS THEM SO GET OVER IT!!!!! biggrin.gif CATIA is what, double or triple the price of MC and it has bugs too so if you think the grass is greener elsewhere, go right ahead, but you'll be back. I can't even do a simple threadmill operation that cuts from the bottom up without hacking the APT Source. Shoot, if I define the operation the way it should be defined (set the top, set the bottom, etc...) CATIA assumes a single point tool. Yep, rev upon rev (and conventional cutting at that) all the way down to the bottom. So if I want to single pass the op, I have to lie to the software about the top of the hole. How screwed up is that??? headscratch.gif Damn French!!!! biggrin.giftongue.gif

quote:

There's definitely a shortage of programmers. Are they all busy or have they left the trade?

I may be entertaining offers... 10 years exp. w mastercam 3.1 thru X. Beta Tester. NTMA Instructor. 4 years of 5-axis experience.

email me at [email protected] if interested.

quote:

10 years exp. w mastercam 3.1 thru X. Beta Tester. NTMA Instructor. 4 years of 5-axis experience.

Yeah, and what makes you think you're qualified for this job? rolleyes.gif

Just kidding, bro. biggrin.gif Nice stats! cheers.gif That's what makes this forum so great.

Thad

quote:

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Yeah, and what makes you think you're qualified for this job?

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

LOL... with the experience of some of the NTMA mastercam instructors i have seen lately I was almost embarrassed to mention it as a qualification.

quote:

Robert,

You teaching in Ontario??? When did you start?

I started in Ontario Mar 2004. A little bit after you left I think. Prior to that I was instructing at Costa Mesa since December of 2001

Robert

Guest CNC Apps Guy 1

Have we ever met Robert? I went to a few NTMA functions while I was teaching there. Not too many though. Once Garth left for (MOST DEFINITELY) greener pastures, things just were not the same there. Henry kept things bearable for me but after a while the new regime at HQ shifted gears in a direction that I could not wholheartedly support so I figured it was time to part ways, also(the main factor), I was missing A LOT of my kids' Baseball and Football games. I do miss teaching though, I do miss it...

The company where I'm at now, as soon as I get well versed enough in it, would like me to start teaching CATIA to some of the shop floor guys where I'm at now. Looking forward to that without a doubt. biggrin.gif

I don't think we ever did meet... I did see and use some of the files on your directory though! There was some good stuff in there. Since then, I was able to remember your name here on the forum and I think we have replied to each others posts before.