Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

Mpmaster X2

Post dept

All,

We have updated our Mpmaster for X2. It is available here:

Mpmaster X2

Please note that due to some parameter changes ALL "native" version X mpmaster posts will have to be updated via the update c-hook with the customize.update_mill file.

If your post has this in the header

code:

# Executable : MP v10.0

# Post Revision : 10.3.06046 (MC_FULL.MC_MINOR.YYDDD)

you'll know it's a "native" version X mpmaster.

To update, download the customize.update_mill file along with the regular mpmasterx2.Z2G from the link above. Take the customize.update_mill file from the .Z2G and put it in your mcamx2/chooks directory. Run the UpdatePost.dll from your mcamx2/chooks dir as you normally would.

Please post any questions on this thread or look here for help.

The parameters that are affected include tilt limits and spindle speeds so if you're getting related errors you'll have to do this.

Thanks,

Brett

[ 10-27-2006, 12:07 PM: Message edited by: Dave Thomson ]

If it's an MPMaster based post, the reality exists that it may not function correctly.

There is an update fix that will adjust it if it is wrong however, so ultimately you can probably still use your post, there "might" be a 2 step process to get it updated however.

Ok, I downloaded the mpmaster z2g, and extracted the files to the correct folders. Made the changes we need to the machine and control defs, and all looks good until we make a toolpath and select a tool. then we get an error about some of the tool parameters, and the spindle speed comes up as italics, and cant be changed.

I tried to understand if I'm supposed to run the update_post dll on this post. I assumed first that you would have already done it to this post, but after getting error, I tried to run the updatepost and get a message that the post is already updated and wont be changed.

What am I missing here?

Ok, I was an idiot and didn't look under the spindle in the machine def and set the min and max spindle speed correctly, got it fixed now....

I did notice in the mpmaster machine def, the x and y axis are under the mill spindle group instead of the mill table group, as they are in the other default haas 4axis machine def I was using before we changed to this new mpmaster. Is this the correct setting?

quote:

Made the changes we need to the machine and control defs, and all looks good until we make a toolpath and select a tool. then we get an error about some of the tool parameters, and the spindle speed comes up as italics, and cant be changed.

That is because the spindle min/max in the mpmasterx2 MMD is bogus. You will have to go to the spindle settings in the machine Def and change it.

spindlemin-max.JPG

• 2 weeks later...

The post I am using is an updated one from ver 9.

If it seems to be working in X2, do you still need to run the C-hook since it came from 9?

I haven't posted alot of files to the machine with X2 yet so I do not know if I will run into problems or not with my old post...

Only a 3-axis so tilt limits would not apply.

SS seem to be outputting properly..

I have a few questions re the MPmaster post.

I have set to use stage tool but I dont get the code?

code:

stagetool   : 1     #0 = Do not pre-stage tools, 1 = Stage tools 

When I change from Front TCPlane to Another TCPlane I get a new work co-ordinate posted.

code:

G00 Z210.

(ROUGH FACE)

N1 T25 M06 (80 FACE MILL)

(MAX - Z226.09)

(MIN - Z201.)

M11 (UNLOCK)

G00 G54 X0. Y346.15 B-90. S400 M03

M10 (LOCK)

G43 H1 Z226.09

M08

Z212.09

G94 G01 Z210.173 F280.

Y302.15

Y157.15

G00 Z225.173

Y346.15

M09

M05

G91 G28 Z0.

M11 (UNLOCK)

G00 G90 G54 X0. Y346.15 B-90. S400 M03

M10 (LOCK)

G43 H1 Z211.173

X0. Y346.15 Z211.173

M08

It is also turning OFF the spindle rotating to new B-axis position G55? and starting spindle again all with the same tool, turning coolant OFF and ON again with a rotation?

Thanks

[ 11-29-2006, 05:17 PM: Message edited by: DavidB ]

Yeah, the intent is to set it in the Control Def I guess: Control Def, Tool, "Enable staged tool routines"

If you check out the comment right about stagetool in the post

code:

# --------------------------------------------------------------------------

# Common User-defined Variable Initializations (not switches!)

# --------------------------------------------------------------------------

• 4 weeks later...
Guest CNC Apps Guy 1

code:

n$=t$

pbld, *n$, e$

*t$, "M6", ptoolcomm, e$

pbld, n$, next_tool$, e$

tlngno$=t$ #Force G43 H to be EQ To Tool Number

tloffno$=t$ #Force G41/G42 D to be EQ To Tool Number

Then remove next_tool$ from wherever it currently is.

HTH