Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

Wide Screen Monitors

Ocean Lacky™

My laptop has a 17" wide screen, which I think runs at 1400 x 900, it can seem a little strange at first because the screen is stretched differently than your used to but it works once you get used to seeing it

I would not go any less than WSXGA (1680x1050) for X2. All the versions of X use up alot of "real estate". I am using this computer:

http://www.acer.ca/acereuro/page4.do?sp=pa...a&crc=239156436 6#inu57_29643

and if I had a large screen, like you have, look

for WUXGA (1920x1200). Here is a wikipedia link to screen resolutions:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Display_resolution

I am thinking a 2nd display would be very useful to slide the ops manager onto.

Using a pair of 24" Dells at 1920 x 1200 is the way to go! We have 4 PC's running this arrangement. Got every toolbar I need in two rows across the top and one with toolpaths down the left. Got rid of the ribbon bar, why add another row for a toolbar thats used 20% of the time. I just drag what ever toolbar pops up out of the way, if necessary.

If you want to run something like this you must have a powerful video card or you'll have problems with highlighting selections and direction arrows.

Human periferial vision is more horizontal than vertical so widescreens are a natural. Just got a Dell M90 laptop with a 17" screen at 1920 x 1200 but everything is too small. Had to make some adjustments of font sizes and DPI but it's all good now.

I just got a 22" Viewsonic HD Widescreen at work it is NICE I also have a 20" widescreen at home but my GeForce 5500 vid card can not drive it at the 1680 x 1050 res so I am at a lower res somthing x 900 not as nice but still ok

check to see if your vid card can drive wide screen first you may need a new vid card to get the best out of the monitor

• 2 weeks later...

Ive got the same monitor as bogus with the 1920x1200 viewing area. Simply amazing! Every possible toolbar I need fits in 2 rows along the top. I loaded my config file on a coworkers 17" lcd and it took up 6 lines @ the top of the screen smile.gif