Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

Okuma post question

ctyler

We just bought a brand new Okuma mb56 with what they call a g spec package. It has the blum laser, chip blaster, reneshaw probe, and super nerbs. The only posts that gosiger has is for Cam Tool and I use Mastercam, so that was no help for me. Does anyone out there have a similar set up that might have a post working. I was told by our mastercam dealer it could take weeks for them to do me one up right now.

Clay

Read the FAQS

quote:

Q. Does anyone have a post for a [insert machine or control name here]?

A. Ask this question as your first message here and you won't necessarily like the responses you receive. Look to your reseller to supply you with the proper post for your machine, or quote for the work that needs to be done.

If you have something and are looking for improvements, it's a reasonable request. Maybe tell us why the post you have needs improvement.

PEACE biggrin.gif

Contact In-House solutions and they can supply you with a post that is ready to go. Otherwise you should take the MPOkuma post and modify it to your tastes. The members of the forum here will be glad to help you tweak your post. You should be able to get the Generic Mastercam Okuma post directly from your reseller. If you are not getting anything from them you can also Email:

[email protected]

Provide them with your Name, Company, Hasp # and ask them really really nicely and they might give you the generic Mastercam Okuma post. The posts are really not hard to modify. If you get a generic Okuma post, just let us know and we will help you with the mods. The generic Okuma post comes pretty ready out of the box. It uses the G56 Hxx for the height offset and H1, H2 (or E1, E2, its been a while!) for the fixture offsets

I'm not sure what the capabilities of the Super Nurbs functionality is...

Hardmill, you around?

Hardmill is somewhat of a resident Okuma guy.

biggrin.gif

Thanks,

Clay,

Blum laser mearsurement will be something like this

pbld, n, "/CALL OO95 PLI=0 PUDT=150 VFST=1", e$

Super Nurbs will something like this, I use mi7 and mi8

if mi8$ = one, n$,"G131 J0 E0.001 D0.0005 I0", *feed, "(SUPER NURBS ACCURACY SETTINGS)", e$

if mi7$ = one, n$,"G131 J0 E0.005 D0.001 I0", *feed, "(SUPER NURBS HIGH SPEED SETTINGS)", e$

Or you can use misc range settings. If you add these items to any of the MPOSP posts you will be up and running.

Also read This to fix the spindle tool call error

Your local Okuma Techies should set up the probe cycles and tool length measure for you.

Yeah and like John said any questions contact Hardmill biggrin.gif

[ 03-30-2007, 06:31 AM: Message edited by: Greg Williams ]

Hmm, this just occured to me. According to the FAQ, "Does anyone have a post for a [insert machine or control name here]?"

So, if I have some goofy unheard of machine, I can't learn if a post exsists for it.

Also, with all the people here that write posts and may want to sell their work, customers aren't allowed to ask here.

Sounds kinda we todd did.

No, Sam it's not.

The place to start for a post if you do not know what you need or are doing is your reseller.

Then I would guess if someone came here and asked if a reseller had a available post the transaction could then take place between resellers.

Asking straight out for a post is bad mojo no matter what.

Also Sambo if you read the whole thing it says do not ask and uses the insert machine as an generic place instead of the 1000's of machine people might have they used that term. So when you talked to your reseller they told you what. Seem biggest problem is we gets these people who have illegal software that come in here and what post to run their illegal software and if we blindly give it to these people then we support it. So by telling someone who is new or fairly new to do this we in turn are helping ourselves and those that are legally using the software. If you are not doing anything wrong and you understand why people would support keeping things above water then where is the problem at???

See a lot of people get what I call penny wise and $100 dumb. They seen the software as the $100 and the machine as the penny they spent where it is the other way around and if you have to pay $500 to $5000 for a post to make a $100,000 to $1,000,000 or greater machine run then are you being penny wise or $100 dumb when not getting the post that support your machine and getting one that is dialed in to make it do what you want??

Just so you know we bought a post for our Integrex and before i got there they did not have a good post and fought with the machine now I post code walk away and have a nice day and our $1,000,000 piece of equipment is making us money so we went the $100 to make $1000 method verse the lose $100 to save a penny method you choose.

Ok here is a user task program for Taper thread milling

G15 H1

T20 M6

S600 M3

G0 X0 Y0 (POSITION TO CENTER OF HOLE)

G56 Z10 H20 M8

CALL OTHRD (CALL THREAD MILL MACRO "OTHRD.SSB")

G0 Z10

M63

M6

M2

OTHRD

SDIA=75 (START DIAMETER)

FDIA=25 (FINISH DIAMETER)

TDIA=12 (TOOL DIAMETER)

SZL=0 (START Z LOCATION)

FZL=-120 (FINISH Z LOCATION)

ZIPR=5 (Z AXIS MM PER REVOLUTION)

ROT=3 (ROTATION 2 = CW 3 = CCW)

SFR=1000 (STARTING FEED RATE)

FFR=2000 (FINISHING FEED RATE)

IFR=500 (INFEED FEED RATE FOR Z AXIS)

VC7=[sZL-FZL]/ZIPR (NUMBER OF REVOLUTIONS)

VC7=ROUND[VC7]

IF[VC7 GE 0]NSC1

VC7=VC7*[-1]

NSC1

VC8=[FZL-SZL]/VC7/4 (Z CHANGE PER 90 DEGREES)

VC9=[[[FDIA-SDIA]/2]/VC7]/4 (RADIUS CHANGE PER 90 DEGREE)

VC10=[sDIA-TDIA]/2 (START RADIUS)

VC11=VC7 (COUNTER)

VC12=SZL (START Z)

VC13=[FFR-SFR]/VC7/4 (FEER RATE CHANGE PER 90 DEGREES)

VC14=SFR (START FEED RATE)

G0X=VC10

G1Z=SZL F=IFR

NL1

IF[ROT EQ 2]NCW

G3 X0 Y=VC10+[VC9*1] R=VC10+[VC9*1] Z=VC12+[VC8*1] F=VC14+[VC13*1]

G3 X=-[VC10+[VC9*2]] Y0 R=VC10+[VC9*2] Z=VC12+[VC8*2] F=VC14+[VC13*2]

G3 X0 Y=-[VC10+[VC9*3]] R=VC10+[VC9*3] Z=VC12+[VC8*3] F=VC14+[VC13*3]

G3 X=VC10+[VC9*4] Y0 R=VC10+[VC9*4] Z=VC12+[VC8*4] F=VC14+[VC13*4]

GOTO NCWS

NCW

G2 X0 Y=-[VC10+[VC9*1]] R=VC10+[VC9*1] Z=VC12+[VC8*1] F=VC14+[VC13*1]