Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

Updated Mpmaster

Post dept

All,

Chris and I spent the day yesterday going through our 3/4 and 5-axis versions of Mpmaster. So, there's an updated version on the web.

# IHS 07/25/07 - Removed buffer 3, tap_feed, rigid_tap, synched with other mpmasters, wbt, cam

We've removed buffer 3 with prvtp and nexttp as they really aren't used and take up a buffer space. Replaced with last_tlplnno.

Added rigid_tap, removed tap_feed, and just general clean up of the tapping.

Finally, some synching with other mpmaster posts for consistency.

Next project is to clean up axis substitution with respect to start points being close to (within 180 deg) the ends of previous chains/paths.

Thanks everyone for your feedback.

Watch for an mplmaster update coming soon.

There are mpmaster_5ax_table, and mpmaster_5ax_head posts.

We're currently working on an mpmaster_5ax_table_head (or something like that).

We use these posts as the basis for all of our 5-axis development. They are setup similarily to the 3/4-axis mpmaster on this site.

Yes, these are products that we charge for. They are available through your local reseller.

We'll change the rev date....thanks for the heads up.

xgioser,

Yes, see the rigid_tap switch in mpmaster. It basically blows away the M03 before tapping, then calls M29 for the actuall tapping spindle output.

Gcode and everyone else,

We done a LOT of 5-axis posts. It's what we do most. It's tough to list them all. Please just ask and we'll be more than happy to let you know what we've done.

We do have plans to release a machine/control list but are not quite finished putting it together.

I can't get the new mpmaster post to prestage tools. I have turned the stagetool to 1 in the post. I am running Mazak that needs to post code like this T1T27. The post will call the tool for the operation but not for the next operation

Steve,

I do have the "Enable stage tools checked". Any other suggestions.

I guess your sipping on some of that "High Octane" coffee this morning. Does Al know your surfing the net this morning?

Tell Chris to to do something!!!!!

Robert

• 4 weeks later...

I am once again editing on my post.

For my Mazak's I need them to output code that looks like this when I am using only one tool for one operation or using the same tool for multiple operations.

T1T1 M6

Right now the post only outputs code that looks like this.

T1 M6

I don't know anything about how to read this programming language in order to make sure everything associated with my toolchange isn't messed up. I can do simple hard add-on's.

Rob

quote:

There are mpmaster_5ax_table, and mpmaster_5ax_head posts.

We're currently working on an mpmaster_5ax_table_head (or something like that).

We use these posts as the basis for all of our 5-axis development. They are setup similarily to the 3/4-axis mpmaster on this site.

Yes, these are products that we charge for. They are available through your local reseller.

We'll change the rev date....thanks for the heads up.

What about a Hermle 5X vertical? We have 2 on the way (about 26 weeks out) and a new post. Do you know if yours will be the one we get from Hermle? Trying to get details on our end is like pulling teeth?