Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

MR2

dprovost71

I realize this is an MR2 chat, but with the pending X3, hopefully in 1st quarter 2008, I have 'heard' that it will completely revolution MC again. More so, the lathe stuff will become alot simpler, the post structure will change incredibly and alot of the 'headaches' that us poor lathe people suffer, should fall away with it....

So says the person I was talking with. =]

quote:

the lathe stuff will become alot simpler, the post structure will change incredibly and alot of the 'headaches' that us poor lathe people suffer, should fall away with it....

It would probably benefit CNC to make this more well known. We have been evaluating other cam packages for our lathe/mill turn programming.

I agree Doug, it would. But the likely hood of this I would say is so small. Think about when the newsletters come out talking about the next update. They are usually a week or two before it actually shows (usually).

From what I get about the post thing, they are going to break it down into sections. Alot of sections. The idea behind it, as I was told, is one section for every possible operation. So no more long sections with a whack of different stuff in it like the ltlchg section, but it will 'supposedly' be broken down into (for example) a section to turn the spindle on, section for tool change, section for initial rapid, section for each cut type, section for chuck open, section for chuck close...and so on.

It sounds promising and more like something that would be more .... easily correctable for problems that us lathe people do have, persay the G70 crash thing...

On the topic of the G70 crash thing, I have actually been working with Brett from In-House on it and he has got it fairly narrowed down to being correct. There is still some certain hang ups on it, but it seems to work well. I haven't implemented it into my main posts yet, but the trial MPLMaster we were sending back and forth does work.... Thought I'd let ya'll know that.

quote:

that will be changing soon... Not soon enough

for everybody. but hopefully it will be worth the wait

Today would not be soon enough. Having MTM machines & not being able to use them to their full potential...or spending alot of time making them work costs far more than a different CAM system that does have good support for lathes....hence the research for different software.

don't get me started on the wire end of things.......

quote:

I realize this is an MR2 chat, but with the pending X3, hopefully in 1st quarter 2008, I have 'heard' that it will completely revolution MC again. More so, the lathe stuff will become alot simpler, the post structure will change incredibly and alot of the 'headaches' that us poor lathe people suffer, should fall away with it....

So says the person I was talking with. =]

ahhh....finely, I didn't want to be the first to say it. wink.gif

quote:

the post structure will change incredibly

I hope that there will be a good post update utility. I just spent over a Month creating a custom post for a VTL controlled by a Heidenhain Mill control at our shop. (Yes that's right, a lathe with a mill control banghead.gif ) It would really stink if I had to start over again from scratch. bonk.gif

quote:

That's why you get paid the BIG money......right?

Not funny Matt... tongue.gif

Realistically though, with a post overhaul like that, would they create a simple update utility as they have in the past versions, or would the posts have to start from scratch?

I'm rootin' for an update utility. cheers.gif

Rick